Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Repairing lines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostFri Dec 01, 06 7:43 am    Repairing lines Reply with quote

ok, so I bought new lines. I'd like to cut down my other lines and make them a short set. Where do I get new loops for the ends?

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostFri Dec 01, 06 12:28 pm     Reply with quote

I assume you're talking about the Dacron sleeves, correct? If so, when I originally did my lines, I just got some aftermarket ones from ASI, but in the end they didn't end up working out all that great (kinda slipped and weren't as tough as the OEM ones). If you still have some off an original line set, carefully cut the stitching, remove, and put on your new lines.

jbrickner

Since 29 Aug 2006
5 Posts

Kook

PostFri Dec 01, 06 2:39 pm     Reply with quote

Here is a place to buy any colored sleeving you wish. It is simply the casing of Parachute cord. After a close call this summer, I have decided to color code and 'knock-proof' all my lines. I think I ordered red, black, orange, and blue.

This IS the same sleeving that is on commercial kitelines. You just need to take out the center core of the parachute line.

Check it out. Cheap and fast shipping.

http://www.knifekits.com/store/s-pages/kk_products_acc_paracord.htm

P.S. I hand stitched the loops on the ends with Polyester Upholstery Thread. Rock-Solid.

KGN

Since 14 Oct 2006
5 Posts
ontario
Kook

PostSun Dec 03, 06 3:05 pm     Reply with quote

Slingshot used to have,or prob still does,a kit for just what you want,I saw it on their 06 site,not sure if its up on the 07 one.Email slinghot and ask,they will reply

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostSun Dec 03, 06 7:38 pm     Reply with quote

I talked to Jeff @ Slingshot about the "line length customization kit" a long time ago ('cause I wanted the OEM sleeves), but he said I could only get them on a set of lines that just weren't stitched off on one end, so I never did it... Ended up doing what I said above, which probably isn't possible in this case.

kiteboard117

Since 02 Mar 2005
450 Posts
PDX
McLovin

PostSun Dec 03, 06 8:55 pm     Reply with quote

when i shorten my lines i just pull the stitching out of the existing ends and slide the sleeve down to the new spot and sew it shut.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: