Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

What size harness?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
hobbsla

Since 28 Jan 2006
389 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed Nov 29, 06 4:34 pm    What size harness? Reply with quote

I need some help. I bought a new harness online because the nearest shop to me is about 6 hrs away. I thought that the size chart said I needed a small, but this is not so Shocked . I don't have the reciept anymore and it's been awhile so lesson learned I guess Mad .
I am 5'10'' have a 30'' waist and weigh 160. Is anybody out there about this size and if so, what size harness do you have? If possible I'd like to get one harness that I could use in the summer and in the winter over a ski shell.

P.S. Anybody want to buy a new Tabu waist harness for a good deal?

Thanks.

TWIN-FIN

Since 24 May 2006
805 Posts
Portland, OR
Hot Monkey

PostWed Nov 29, 06 4:41 pm     Reply with quote

Just another case of......SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DEALER.

Dont fret none there hobbsla, just call up that internet site and explain to them that you ordered the wrong size harness. Im sure that they have your "info" on file and an electronic receipt of your purchas on file. You will only be out shipping costs.

Im 5'10" at a buckseventyfive, I ride with the pyro size....LARGO!
It has plenty of extra room to go BIG or small.

Just remember

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostWed Nov 29, 06 4:49 pm     Reply with quote

That's weird... I'm 5'8", 145lb, with a 30-32" waist and wear a small Tabu. It's not anywhere close to maxed out, but I had thought about getting a medium when I upgrade, simply because when I'm wearing it over my jacket for snowkiting, some extra room would be nice. Don't think I'll go up to a medium for the time being though, 'cause I tried JP's Tabu on (identical to mine, just medium), and it's pretty loose.

hobbsla

Since 28 Jan 2006
389 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed Nov 29, 06 7:12 pm     Reply with quote

Kataku, I think the extra 15 lbs I carry is all around my midsection Rolling Eyes ! And I'm pretty sure when I took my lesson the instructor put me in a large harness.....but I already had bought the other one! Smaaaart.

I'll try to contact the shop I got it from Twin, but I don't have much hope. Next time I think I'll go large.

I would LOVE to support my local shop and try before buy but there are no kiteboard shops in my area (Spokane) so I'm forced online for now Sad .

But whatever.. kiting rocks Twisted Evil

magicmaker

Since 29 Oct 2006
895 Posts
da Hood
Opinionated

PostWed Nov 29, 06 8:08 pm    size medium Reply with quote

go w/ a dakine size medium. i'm 5'10" and weigh in at 165 lbs have a 32" waist and have a medium thermo form. It works great, perfect fit, but i do want to replace it with a tabu.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: