Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Waroo bar or not?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Scribble

Since 18 Nov 2005
636 Posts
NoPo
Addicted

PostWed Nov 29, 06 12:25 pm    Waroo bar or not? Reply with quote

I bought a New 06 Waroo 7m. Should I get the 07 bar? Or just get an 06 bar if possible? I know the line length is different but it seems like that wouldn't really matter. I do not like the idea of not having a stopper ball. I use it a lot. I'm debating buying waroo bar instead of rigging one up.

Also those of you that are riding Waroos what do your quivers look like? Currently i have a 7m waroo, 9 and 13 fuel, then I have a 17 yarga that I may get rid of for a Machine. I'm curious if I could get rid of the 9.

Andy

chanson

Since 31 Jan 2006
1873 Posts
WISCONSIN
Chimey

PostWed Nov 29, 06 1:27 pm     Reply with quote

I have a 7m Waroo, that I use a waroo bar with, and/or 4-line SS.
then a 11-13 5-line fuels.
then a 17m Fuel.

The waroo bar I use is from a 12m waroo that is my roomates, but he never uses it. It just depends on how much de-power you really want.

Usually when I am on the 12m Waroo, I will use the ss bar because my girlfreind is on the 7m with the waroo bar.

broadbandito

Since 26 Apr 2005
342 Posts
CSO headwaters
WheatHead

PostMon Dec 04, 06 12:11 pm     Reply with quote

I think your 7m and 9m should be pretty similar in terms of low wind range, though they are different kites for sure.

I would get an 07 bar if you are on the fence, unless you can find an 06 for dirt cheap. I have an 06 and love the depow, but for those super-steady days or very long sessions, it would sure be nice to have a stopper to rest on for even 1 minute in every 10. Otherwise I find that I keep two hands on the bar (and sheeted in) pretty much continuously. Best also offers an upgrade kit, but I haven't tried that yet.

Scribble

Since 18 Nov 2005
636 Posts
NoPo
Addicted

PostMon Dec 04, 06 6:22 pm     Reply with quote

I ordered an 07 bar from wiley ski. They actually have them in stock. Are people actually buying 7 and 9 meter waroos?

pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Dec 05, 06 1:27 pm     Reply with quote

Scribble wrote:
Are people actually buying 7 and 9 meter waroos?

i think it's worthwhile to have both. lots of overlap but they are very differnet kites.

you could jump from a 5 to a 9 if you had to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: