Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Surftech boards for kiting?
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Ryan

Since 14 Jul 2005
536 Posts
Oregon
Addicted

PostWed May 07, 14 8:08 am    update Reply with quote

After a handfull of sessions on my tuflit board I am happy to say I really like the snap and feel and livelyness of the boards. They are not as smooth as glass boards but a glass board doesnt have the rebound and life the tuflit boards have.

All that said, after a nice 6m session yesterday, at Rufus, my board developed a crack across the entire board at the location of my front foot. so, maybe not that tuf Very Happy To be fare the board was used and had a previous repair, the repair was near the tail of the board and professionally done but if water got in it may have compromised the board.

Ryan

Since 14 Jul 2005
536 Posts
Oregon
Addicted

PostMon Jul 21, 14 6:21 am    for those still interested Reply with quote

I had my tuflit reinforced with 3 layers of 4 oz on the deck. The board still was great to ride, very responsive, quick to rebound off the water and after a turn and light!!! Unfortunately these boards just dont hold up to strapless airs. While I think this board was fantastic on a wave both at the coast and in the gorge it met its maker on friday up at the Hatchery.

Time to rethink the board situation..... Sad

bustedTuflit50%.jpg 

ShiverMeTimbers

Since 26 Feb 2013
381 Posts
Gig Harbor
Obsessed

PostMon Jul 21, 14 10:53 pm     Reply with quote

ouch! no coming back from that one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: