Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Brazilian Kiting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
bdc8622

Since 31 May 2005
74 Posts
PDX

PostMon Nov 27, 06 2:55 pm    Brazilian Kiting Reply with quote

Just returned from 2 week adventure to NE Brazil with Kiteadventures.com. Kited 10 days consecutively in what were the most pristine conditions ever. Mostly on a 10m Torch, but there were the occasional days I was on my 8 & 12. Sick down winders of 12-15 miles a day along with Lagoon kiting. Spots were Combuco, Paracaru & Jericoacoara. Weather was awesome, food was fantastic and accommodations were very nice. Definitely a third world country with untouched area that made you appreciate where we live.

The trip was very well organized by Kiteadventures with Buggy drivers to follow you on the beach and every little detail taken care of. I can't say more about how well they were as hosts. Not too many people except in Paracaru's bay where all the European's were kiting..Otherwise wide open. Unfortunately I had to come back to this shitty weather. Don't think I can make it to April and I'm a pussy for cold weather. South Padre here I come. Anyway, anyone debating it, hope this helps.
bc

boat.jpg 
   10.jpg 
   kite lagoon.jpg 
   Paracaru.JPG 
   top dune2.jpg 
   dune buggy.jpg 

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostMon Nov 27, 06 3:36 pm     Reply with quote

Nicely done! That looks awesome!

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostMon Nov 27, 06 3:44 pm     Reply with quote

Yes indeed... Thumb's Up

How much did your two week adventure cost approximately for everything?

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostMon Nov 27, 06 3:49 pm     Reply with quote

Very nice! whats the story with the sketchy car ferry.

tonyb

Since 09 Oct 2006
973 Posts
Stevenson in the summer & SPI in the winter
Bolstad Clan

PostMon Nov 27, 06 4:25 pm     Reply with quote

Yes, more details please! Looks awesome! Carol and I have this on our list of places to go one day.

Where did you fly into, how long, transfer from the airport, places to stay, etc...

4Stringer/KipWinger

Since 27 Apr 2005
541 Posts
Hood River
Addicted

PostMon Nov 27, 06 5:29 pm    As Billy Idol said: "mo, mo, mo" Reply with quote

I concur with the analysis thus far; please & respectfully, more details. Your post was exactly what I needed to hear.

By contrast, here's what the HR sandbar looks like right now...snow covered and collecting vehicles...some dude apparently just drove over the edge. A wrecker is currently pullin' him out of the sand:

MVC-858S.JPG 

Rollo Tomasi

Since 17 Mar 2005
983 Posts

Attractive

PostMon Nov 27, 06 6:05 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for the beauty pix BC! Brazil is on our list as well. Maybe next winter.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Nov 27, 06 6:43 pm     Reply with quote

Awesome, would love to hear some details on airfare/KA deal....

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1726 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostTue Nov 28, 06 12:20 am     Reply with quote

Urban Surf up here in Seattle had a presentation on winter kite trips and they did discuss this one. It was sponsored by Kite adventures. the price they gave me for a 7 day trip to Brazil was $1099. Airfare was in addition to this price.

jim

Jessie - KA

Since 31 Aug 2006
9 Posts

Kook

PostTue Nov 28, 06 4:57 am     Reply with quote

We had a great trip with Brian.
The trip he was on was a 10-Day excursion from Cumbuco-Paracuru-Jeri, stopping between towns to kite as well on the way up to Jeri.

The prices this year were $1099 for 7-Day or $1499 for 10-Day + 10% after November 19th. Fares from the west coast ranged from $1100-$1300 depending where you are coming from. Next year will be a bit higher.

More info on the site and you can check out more photos from tours here:
http://kiteadventures.shutterfly.com

:: kitesurfari locations: brazil, venezuela, vietnam, thailand, greece, sardinia, (+ more) ::

bdc8622

Since 31 May 2005
74 Posts
PDX

PostTue Nov 28, 06 7:40 am    Brazil Reply with quote

If you have American Airlines mileage it's 40,000 miles. Things are cheap down there, about half the cost of things here. Beers were a $1 and a plate of the most awesome Sashimi was $4. I spent about $350 in two weeks in addition to airfare and cost to Kiteadventures. Only thing extra was lunch and dinner. Breakfast all taken care of by Motel/Hotels.

As far as the wooden boat...many lagoons to cross getting up to Jericoacoara and there AIN'T no bridges down there in that area. So guys with sticks or weed whackers push you across... Very Cool. G Man.....guys with helmets should be safe...if you wear your helmet of course. Smile It was totally like a Kite safari though, going through the jungle on our way up to Jeri. Great Video! BC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: