Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Sandbar Update; 11/25/06

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
4Stringer/KipWinger

Since 27 Apr 2005
541 Posts
Hood River
Addicted

PostSat Nov 25, 06 10:52 am    Sandbar Update; 11/25/06 Reply with quote

Aweright...I realize that weekly sandbar updates are about as necessary as K-Fedex or Tomkat reports. However, given the Meadows situation, harmless obsessions seem healthy at this point.

K-Paw and I surveyed the sandbar situation last night after snowmobilin'. We found the following truths to be self evident; the Columbia is super high and we're still seeing a lot of sandbar. Water has breached the western rock jetty and is spilling into the Nichols boat works body of water. It was pourin' meowzers and bowzers too.

I realise that spring is long way off, but my guess is that we're still gonna see a lot of 'bar then.

water flowin' through the rock jetty
 water flowin' through the rock jetty  MVC-851S.JPG 
   MVC-846S.JPG 
   MVC-850S.JPG 
   MVC-840S.JPG 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: