Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

need new lines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostTue Nov 21, 06 7:40 am    need new lines Reply with quote

i need to buy new lines for my waroos.... anyone have any suggestions?
I was going to just go order the best ones, but thought I might ask if there was any major difference?

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Nov 21, 06 8:02 am     Reply with quote

Mine hardly stretched all year, which I think is a good measurement of quality (I bought some cheap lines from another brand that stretched a lot.) My only complaint is I wish they were 3 colors instead of just 2.

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostWed Nov 22, 06 7:31 am    me too Reply with quote

my 03 Naish lines are looking a little tattered ,so I'm looking to replace with the Ozone line set ,they(Ozone) say they are the same lines, 800 lb. same color as Naish ,hopefully as good

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostWed Nov 22, 06 7:49 am     Reply with quote

i was in the hood yesterday, so I bought some pretty gay orange lines at the windwing shop.

btw...while I was in there, the guy working there was on the phone ragging on the new waroos trying to sell a new windwing kite to the guy.

some of the remarks I heard were, "flutters more", "tries to invert more", "slower than the 06", and a few more I can't remember...

anyone try the 07's?
what about the new windwings?

(i'm really not trying to turn this into a brand war, i could care less) Smile

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostWed Nov 22, 06 9:12 am     Reply with quote

wind wing, I thought they were out of bussiness. Your new wind wing lines are going to stretch a few inches. be prepared. my front lines from them stretched like 6 inches on the front of a fuel. (probably was the damn kites fault though...tooo much power) Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Nov 22, 06 9:38 am     Reply with quote

i always tie the new lines to a tree and give them the old lean-back (one at a time, wearing the harnass). at least gets some of the new line strech out of them so it doesn't vary that much for the rest of the season.

first time i did this was it was after dark, near a street lamp at the edge of a park. some kids walking down the sidewalk saw me from a distance but couldn't see the lines. "look at that dude - he's doing moves from the matrix!" they weren't so impressed when the got closer and saw i was cheating.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: