Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Post Party ... Big Thanks!
Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Nov 10, 06 8:27 am    Post Party ... Big Thanks! Reply with quote

Date: Saturday January 13th, 2007 6pm

Directions: http://www.luckylab.com/html/directions.html#brewpub

The Winter Party is going to give us a chance to check out all the great videos and photos from the year, plus meet all those friendly faces you might not have seen since your last time out kiting.

Slingshot will be there giving out schwag to this year's photo/video contest winners! We'll announce the winners at the party so if your in the running, you better show! Very Happy

I got more than enough to pay for the party from all the $5 donations everyone kicked in, as payback I will be putting some FREE BEER on the bar for the first people to show up. I'd imagine it'll go fast so get there at 6!

1/12/2007 UPDATE: Slingshot is upping the ante and will be giving away a crispy new Slingshot Kite!!! The giveaway will be raffle tickets (one per person), if you already paid then you are entered, if you haven't bring $5 to the party.

Last edited by pkh on Sun Jan 14, 07 8:51 am; edited 12 times in total

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Nov 13, 06 9:09 am     Reply with quote

Do people care if the Screening Room has food or not? We could bring food, or we could do Lucky Lab which has food you can order.

Kraemer

Since 24 Apr 2006
1735 Posts
Sky Pilot
Unicorn Captain

PostMon Nov 13, 06 11:52 am     Reply with quote

I have a costco card and could bring a couple of trays of grub Smile

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Nov 13, 06 11:58 am     Reply with quote

Here's the scoop dudes:

We're going to go ahead and do the Lucky Lab. Full menu, fresh beer on tap, bartender all for the low low price of $100.

A lot of you have kicked in money already and some have been very gracious and kicked in extra to help us get to the Screening Room. If you guys want a refund I can give ya one... or we can put it to a few pitchers that will be available to the early birds and dudes that are bringing projectors/sound system stuff.

It can also go towards next year's party, which would probably end up being already paid for at this point if all things are equal.

I think the Lucky Lab will be cool, there are other bars in the area we can hit after midnight or when people get a hankering for some Hard A. The Viper Room looks like a pretty cool place to migrate too afterwards, and only a block away.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Nov 21, 06 10:45 am     Reply with quote

Thanks to everybody who's pitched in their $5, I've got more than enough to pay for the room and make next year no charge!

Depending on how much more comes in I'll pay for the first $50-$100 of beer. It'll be good incentive to get there on time. Very Happy

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostWed Jan 03, 07 7:57 pm    This Guy Knows How to Party!!! Reply with quote

This Guy Knows How to Party!!!

rubin_548.jpg 

jahmbi

Since 28 Jul 2005
622 Posts
MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN
River Troll

PostWed Jan 03, 07 9:18 pm    RUBIN Reply with quote

HOW OLD IS THAT KID Question Question ..HE IS LIKE THE ENERGIZER BUNNY ONLY POWERD BY WIND . Laughing Laughing TROLL Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ..KILLER KITE..GREAT CHOICE Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

kiteboard117

Since 02 Mar 2005
450 Posts
PDX
McLovin

PostFri Jan 05, 07 10:08 pm     Reply with quote

will they be minor friendly?

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostFri Jan 05, 07 10:09 pm     Reply with quote

Fake ID, Tucker, fake ID... Very Happy

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSat Jan 06, 07 12:29 pm     Reply with quote

kiteboard117 wrote:
will they be minor friendly?

they said until 9pm, not sure how nazi they are about it after that point. we can try to get as much done by 9 as possible.

Amery is bringing some schweet slingy stuff to give away, you guys are not going to want to miss it!

Tony

Since 28 Aug 2006
940 Posts
Portland
Opinionated

PostMon Jan 08, 07 1:45 pm     Reply with quote

Kataku2k3 wrote:
Fake ID, Tucker, fake ID... Very Happy

Yeah dude...Adam's right..."Fake ID"

Let me know if you want me to hook you up...I got a homie named Sparky...He's always hooks up my buddies that come up from mexico...But the late notice might cost you a bit more casholas. The bling bling also works if you aint got any coin...Or fuck it...Just put on a fake stash, some sunglasses and call it good...See you there... Wink

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostTue Jan 09, 07 12:40 pm     Reply with quote

Hey Phil,

What's the audio system like there? Are we able to tap into their system (if they have one) from your laptop, or are we just playing it off your comp/projector?

EDIT: I just read above and it said something about a sound system...

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Jan 09, 07 1:02 pm     Reply with quote

I was going to bring a computer speaker system with a subwoofer. Its not great but its got enough to blast a room.

If someone as something better they want to bring that'd be awesome! Just give me a heads up...

Btw, remember to bring high-res copies of your videos for show... DVD or AVI's, WMV, QT on a CD/DVD

J-dizzle

Since 25 Apr 2006
34 Posts
kALAMA, WA

PostTue Jan 09, 07 3:50 pm    Time? Reply with quote

What time is this show going down? Is it kool if we chip in the 5 bucks at the door are do you need to be on a list?

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Jan 09, 07 4:27 pm     Reply with quote

just bring the $5, we will put it in a group beer fund or something... with all the donations there was enough to pay for the room, bartender, and the same for next year...

party starts at 6, not sure exactly when everything else will happen but we will try to get all the official stuff out of the way by 9.

Kraemer

Since 24 Apr 2006
1735 Posts
Sky Pilot
Unicorn Captain

PostThu Jan 11, 07 1:56 pm     Reply with quote

T-shirts, courtesy TWIN-FIN (organizer) & KRAEMER (designer) will be for sale!

mockup.jpg 

TWIN-FIN

Since 24 May 2006
805 Posts
Portland, OR
Hot Monkey

PostThu Jan 11, 07 3:10 pm     Reply with quote

The T-shirt design was produced in collaboration Phil (Aka site lackey),
Jk is responsible for the rendering the art work and I had my hands in the design of the shirt.

This Saturday night at the Winter Party there will be a few T-shirts mocked up for you to check out. The approximate cost of the shirts will be $5.50 each, if we order at least 24 units. The more we order the less expensive they become.

We (Phil, JK, and I) were also interested in producing an embroidered hoody. With the same logo front and back on a black zip-up.
Cost for the hoodies will be approximately $35 each if we order at least 24 units. We will not have any mock-up's of the hoody to show you at the Winter Party.

There will be a clip board/Order sheet at the party Saturday night. Sign up if you want one, or maybe someone the supper duper computer skills greater mine will post a sign up sheet on this site following the winter party?

This is not a money making opportunity, but a way to show our support of the NWkite.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: