Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

411 Bambam OG in the mags!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostTue Nov 07, 06 8:11 pm    411 Bambam OG in the mags! Reply with quote

The Kiteboarder magazine shows up today and whos inside????
BamBam Thumb's Up

www.naishkites.com

Rollo Tomasi

Since 17 Mar 2005
983 Posts

Attractive

PostTue Nov 07, 06 8:22 pm    Yup.. NW represent'n Reply with quote

Nice profile Bammer and get a load of that facial expression. Shocked whoaa..

Lotsa good NW stuff in this issue. profile on Laura Maher, Tonia doin' the WKA thing, Mira Kwon Wave , BOG festival, Dylan Thompson and a large 2 page photo at Stevenson with Josh going big captured by Jon.

(yo phil...even the editor mentions checking in on NWKITE every morning)

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostWed Nov 08, 06 10:00 am    "WaBam Baby" Reply with quote

Ahhh, my ten seconds of infamy... Thanks Jim for the killer photo that Friday evening before the BOTG Contest. Think it was the only time I actually kited that entire weekend... I told Jim I was going for the inquisitive/pondering/confused "WaBam" look!

What I am more stoked about is the double page shot I got of Josh Griffith as the lead in on the Exposed section! Thanks Ryan for picking that shot!

Adios, Bam

stevegriffith22

Since 14 May 2006
434 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed Nov 08, 06 3:27 pm     Reply with quote

Its nice to see some hard work get paid off. THousands of riders in the gorge and they pick you! What a freaking honor man!!!!!! Man when I'm like 105 years old, I hope some one does a aritlce on me!!!!! Just kidding. Its finally nice to see a industry that doesn't sweep good atheltes and good representations of the sport under the rug when there not plyable enough to through kite loops 50 ft off the deck!! Every company that helps out an OG should take into consideration that they would be a great asset in shit like kite design and board design. Its good to have atheltes still throwing down that where there pants around there waist and dont dress like wanabe gangsters with all there fake bling and shiz~~~~~Anyways, Congrats I hope there is more justice in your future for giveing so many of us a different perspective on kitting, from the "just shut up and drift launch the damn kite," To the "its only about an hour and half swim, you'll be fine don't worry," to the "hey dude is your jet ski broke, don't worry hold my board, throw me a rope and I'll drag you in" you've been fun to hang out and watch wreck!!!!! THanks again and cotrats

TWIN-FIN

Since 24 May 2006
805 Posts
Portland, OR
Hot Monkey

PostWed Nov 08, 06 3:37 pm     Reply with quote

We truly have some awesome tallent in the Gorge.
We are so lucky to have these guys without attitudes riding at our local spots. Congrats! I hope to see more in the future.

Griff_miester

Since 26 Jun 2006
28 Posts
Stevenson Wa

PostWed Nov 08, 06 6:20 pm     Reply with quote

Ya this mag was supper sick, great shots bambam, congrats. lots of people from the gorge in this one=sickness. hmmmmmmm i must be a man of little words, so for now...
aloha

P.S ALL HAIL THE GREAT JHON/BAMBAM

Thanks

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1726 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostWed Nov 08, 06 7:10 pm     Reply with quote

Awesome job on the mag exposure Bam. Yeah I think I will frame that picture of you since it is my first published! When my friends see it framed they may think I am a freak though.
Bam you are a good ambassador to the sport. Keep it up.
I appreciate all of the encouragement with the camera stuff. I had a good time at BOTG on the zodiac.

kite on,
jim

bustingbladder

Since 12 Jul 2006
386 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

PostWed Nov 08, 06 8:07 pm     Reply with quote

Bams,
You deserve it bro. Exclamation You have given a ton of your own time to help others at all levels within the sport. From rep to rider to great friend to photographer. You rock dude! Wish we had more people like you in the sport. See you soon!

Congrats,

Wally

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Nov 08, 06 9:54 pm     Reply with quote

Ya Bammer you big ol' lug, Gorge Mascott... how about some Gorgeous Eye Candy on the contest thread? Very Happy

gabe

Since 16 May 2005
475 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed Nov 08, 06 11:45 pm     Reply with quote

why did that loop get josh DSQd?

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostThu Nov 09, 06 8:34 am    Thanks Guys! Reply with quote

Ahhh Dudes,

In the words of Edward Norton from Fight Club... "Honesty like this, makes me go a big wet rubbery one"... But in all honesty... I am just a dude out there doing what I luv, and we are definitely lucky in the NW to have some really great riders who are even better guys in the vein of Amery and the Tybo mold... Just remember that "I'm your Naish Man, stop me when your passing by" Oh the shameless quoting I got going today...

Gabe,

It was ruled at the BOTG that Josh was pulling his stuff a little too close to the rocks (notice...no H20 in the shot, and was cutting people off a wee bit much. Weird, cause I saw a lot more closer calls involving just about everyone else besides Josh.

Phillip,

Working on getting some eye candy ready for postage!

Adios, Bammer

Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostThu Nov 09, 06 8:52 am     Reply with quote

congratulations Bam Bam! I can't wait to see the pics!

Yardsale

Since 29 Mar 2005
387 Posts
Portlanastan
Obsessed

PostThu Nov 09, 06 11:00 am    Re: Thanks Guys! Reply with quote

bambam wrote:
Ahhh Dudes,

In the words of Edward Norton from Fight Club... "Honesty like this, makes me go a big wet rubbery one"... But in all honesty... I am just a dude out there doing what I luv, and we are definitely lucky in the NW to have some really great riders who are even better guys in the vein of Amery and the Tybo mold... Just remember that "I'm your Naish Man, stop me when your passing by" Oh the shameless quoting I got going today...

Gabe,

It was ruled at the BOTG that Josh was pulling his stuff a little too close to the rocks (notice...no H20 in the shot, and was cutting people off a wee bit much. Weird, cause I saw a lot more closer calls involving just about everyone else besides Josh.

Phillip,

Working on getting some eye candy ready for postage!

Adios, Bammer

Bammer, "good on you mate" to quote the bradas down yonder. Look forward to seeing the Magazine......

carolb

Since 04 Nov 2006
590 Posts
Stevenson, WA in the summer, SPI in the winter
Bolstad Clan

PostThu Nov 09, 06 1:53 pm     Reply with quote

BamBam - You're great. Thanks for all that you do for everyone and especially for being a role model for the younger kiters.

golden_cameraman.jpg 

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostThu Nov 09, 06 4:57 pm     Reply with quote

carolb wrote:
BamBam - You're great. Thanks for all that you do for everyone and especially for being a role model for the younger kiters.

Looks light the light from above is hitting Bam in his happy spot! Shocked

www.naishkites.com

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostThu Nov 09, 06 9:23 pm     Reply with quote

Now ya all know why I have the shit eating grin on my face in this shot...

Hey everyone, thanks for all the positive vibes... Now, direct them to a certain kite company in hopes of the best for me...

Okay, we can officially let this thread drift to the bottom now!

CoryfromTHECREW

Since 27 May 2005
57 Posts
Lakeview Oregon, or Anchorage

PostFri Nov 10, 06 9:13 am    Re: Yup.. NW represent'n Reply with quote

Rollo Tomasi wrote:

(yo phil...even the editor mentions checking in on NWKITE every morning)

I can say for a fact that when I interned with ASNews that we kept a daily lookout on this site. It was BS free and alot more user friendly than The Kiteforum.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: