Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Wind shelter Half tents or Umbrellas?
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
surfncap

Since 06 Mar 2007
77 Posts
NE

PostWed May 29, 13 6:52 pm    Wind shelter Half tents or Umbrellas? Reply with quote

Please give advice on wind shelters for my new Baby & wife?
Seems like all the umbrellas half tents etc. are for Sun not WIND.

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostWed May 29, 13 7:29 pm     Reply with quote

I let my wife enjoy herself and don't make her and our child suffer horrible conditions while I get dragged around . A little free time is good, gives ya something to talk about. Wink

its_kite:30

Since 29 May 2009
108 Posts
White Salmon/ Beaverton
Stoked

PostWed May 29, 13 8:11 pm     Reply with quote

I have tried and use a sport umbrella it's okay but gets to flapping around without big stones holding the sides down. At least in sand anyway. If its sunny and the sand isn't kicking up off the beach we let the kiddos play on the sand bar at the N or E end while dad / mom are taking turns getting in a session. If its a sand blast day don't ruin there fun just to have them close. So yes the umbrella does work and is nice to have.

stevegriffith22

Since 14 May 2006
434 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed May 29, 13 8:15 pm     Reply with quote

Got a 1000 buck rv and put it at rufus, haven't missed very many weekends since, best purchase of kite equipment yet....

Bettyboarder

Since 18 Mar 2005
1823 Posts
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey

PostWed May 29, 13 8:47 pm     Reply with quote

We have the sportbella and it works pretty good but it doesn't have a floor so pack a sheet or something for the baby.

I also bought a super tiny inflatable pool for our baby last year to play in at the beach she loved it of course it depends on how old the baby is

http://www.amazon.com/Sun-Smart-Baby-Hideaway-Pool/dp/B0027GKVZO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1369889187&sr=8-5&keywords=infant+pool

We also bought an rv and it was a bit nicer to hang out in then the tent

surfncap

Since 06 Mar 2007
77 Posts
NE

PostThu May 30, 13 12:03 am     Reply with quote

Def getting a RV for Rufus, Sauvies and Jones. oh shiza guess now ill have to park jones RV at clats campground.

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostThu May 30, 13 12:05 pm     Reply with quote

Bettyboarder wrote:
We have the sportbella and it works pretty good but it doesn't have a floor so pack a sheet or something for the baby.

I also bought a super tiny inflatable pool for our baby last year to play in at the beach she loved it of course it depends on how old the baby is

http://www.amazon.com/Sun-Smart-Baby-Hideaway-Pool/dp/B0027GKVZO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1369889187&sr=8-5&keywords=infant+pool

We also bought an rv and it was a bit nicer to hang out in then the tent

Thumb's Up I like that Sportbella/kid pool combo Betty. Perfect for kids beach this year. Too bad they don't come with beer holders for Mom but Pfrium is nearby I guess. Smile

JeffT

Since 07 Jul 2012
238 Posts
Deep Southern Portland
Stoked

PostThu May 30, 13 12:35 pm     Reply with quote

These will complete the combo
http://www.amazon.com/True-Fabrications-Picnic-Stix-Set/dp/B0027XN5B4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369946064&sr=8-1&keywords=lawn+wine+glass+holders

beefcake

Since 11 Jul 2007
140 Posts

Stoked

PostThu May 21, 15 9:00 am    Any new half tents, wind shelters? Reply with quote

Any other options out there or recommendations? Looking for something for HR event site and the Coast.

Seems like the Sportbrella and Lightspeed Quick Shelter are the most common.

cheers!

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1724 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostThu May 21, 15 9:35 am     Reply with quote

surfncap wrote:
Def getting a RV for Rufus, Sauvies and Jones. oh shiza guess now ill have to park jones RV at clats campground.

I have this wind umbrella for sale if interested
remember happy wife=happy life!!!
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/rvs/5034871857.html

moho.jpg 

lubomm

Since 15 Aug 2007
247 Posts
Hood
Stoked

PostThu May 21, 15 10:48 am     Reply with quote

Kelty Cabana

jerp

Since 22 Feb 2013
450 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu May 21, 15 11:46 am     Reply with quote

i got this one... works great and it was on sale [url] http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RQQRTSM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/url]

Pete

Since 29 Oct 2007
833 Posts

Opinionated

PostThu May 21, 15 11:54 am     Reply with quote

stringy wrote:
surfncap wrote:

I have this wind umbrella for sale if interested
remember happy wife=happy life!!!
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/rvs/5034871857.html

That thing is sweet!

beefcake

Since 11 Jul 2007
140 Posts

Stoked

PostThu May 21, 15 12:19 pm    pacific breeze Reply with quote

thanks for the feedback guys, I like that pacific breeze one especially at $54 on sale.

jerp is that thing built ok, meaning not a piece of shit?

macgruber

Since 06 Dec 2011
490 Posts
SE PDX volcano
Obsessed

PostThu May 21, 15 2:12 pm     Reply with quote

we had some great times parking on the beach at Gearhart and Pacific City when my kids were tiny and I was windsurfing. I would put a board bag against the wheels to keep the wind from coming under. It was so nice to have the whole car as a windbreak and have all the gear and kids stuff.

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostThu May 21, 15 3:32 pm    Re: pacific breeze Reply with quote

beefcake wrote:
thanks for the feedback guys, I like that pacific breeze one especially at $54 on sale.

jerp is that thing built ok, meaning not a piece of shit?

We have two of those wind shades. Have had then out in 30 plus and it's easy to put up I watched my wife put it up while I was kiting on the lake in 30 knots and she had no struggle. Pull the cord and the legs pop out. All you need is a few tent steaks and it is bomber. They seem to be built pretty good. Pretty easy directions and the one I broke was my fault. it was warranted by the company out of arizona that sold them to me. I was able to cut an inch off the graphite pole and now I have two of them. Great to keep the wife and kids out of the elements. I will try to find who I purchased it from. If you want to see one let me know and I can show you ours!

beefcake

Since 11 Jul 2007
140 Posts

Stoked

PostThu May 21, 15 4:02 pm     Reply with quote

dog patrol, sweet thanks for the feedback and the offer, I think i'm going to just buy one

let me know if you find link to where u purchased

found this website $55

http://hikergear.com/product/pacific-breeze-easyup-beach-tent/

Last edited by beefcake on Thu May 21, 15 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: