Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Traveling kiteboarders-- COOL Item!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostMon Oct 30, 06 11:51 am    Traveling kiteboarders-- COOL Item!! Reply with quote

searching for a travel bag I came upon these vaccum bags for your kite. Put your kite in the bag, seal it, and then aquish all the air out through the one way valve. Great idea for saving space and taking ALL your kites with you!!

http://www.kitesurfari.com/store/kitevacuumbags.html

dave

Since 31 Oct 2006
2 Posts

PostTue Oct 31, 06 11:14 pm     Reply with quote

Hey,

You can buy them direct from www.pack-mate.com.

http://www.packmate.com/share/cgi-bin/site.cgi?site_id=packmate&page_id=individualbag&qd.query

The large outdoor bags have woven re-enforcement and are worth the extra few cents. I vac 3 Peter Lynn kites in a backpack and carry them on the plane. You can take these to the beach with you, but you may need to rinse the sand out once in a while. Great for carrying a spare kite in case the wind picks up.

Dave

Bettyboarder

Since 18 Mar 2005
1823 Posts
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey

PostWed Nov 01, 06 10:23 am     Reply with quote

pdxmonkeyboy, good find. I think I am going to try these on our next trip just to make it easier to pack stuff in the golf bag.

Looks like Target has them too, the package comes with 2 large bags (12 m or smaller, according to Kitesurfi website's dimensions) and 1 medium bag (clothes) for $11.95 plus would not have to pay shipping since you can pick them up in the stores.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-4/qid=1162404866/ref=sr_1_4/602-9241378-1638244?ie=UTF8&asin=B0009IB6B0

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostWed Nov 01, 06 12:31 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips and the local connection.

I also saw a comecial for huge zip lock bags last night. They don't have a one way valve but could probably work. in the commerical this fat kid is trying to carry all his stuff to soccer practice and Wahlaa! his mom puts them all in the new handy zip lock bag. Imagine how big of douche bag that kid appeared to be when showing up at the soccer field with all his stuff in a big ziplock bag. LOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: