Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

kite airplane travel: bag size limits?
Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
chanson

Since 31 Jan 2006
1873 Posts
WISCONSIN
Chimey

PostFri Oct 27, 06 10:23 am     Reply with quote

Yep, currently for sale.

thx for the 2 cents...........

jack

Since 12 Mar 2006
211 Posts

Stoked

PostFri Oct 27, 06 12:39 pm     Reply with quote

hoy about a boycott of the shop, seems like an unreasonable exchange policy?

chanson

Since 31 Jan 2006
1873 Posts
WISCONSIN
Chimey

PostFri Oct 27, 06 12:52 pm     Reply with quote

Dude, I would love to go to that extreme, because, its like, I am not trying to get a refund...I am trying to exchange it for another bag that is the same price...

But, we all know the outlets of this forum...anyone could be watching and reading...not trying to expire relationships.

shastadogs2

Since 28 Mar 2005
336 Posts

Obsessed

PostSun Oct 29, 06 8:19 am     Reply with quote

thought i would wade in. . .

flew with the nsi bag for a year or two, its easier to get past the counter, but what a hassle getting your stuff in that bag. and briinging two boards and the rest of your kit-forget it.

fly the dakine coffin now. sometimes, if its under 50#, it just goes through as checked luggage. sometimes a $50 dollar overage charge. vry much worth the extra money to have all the space and ease of packing.

its funny to hear the whining about a few bucks from a crew that literally flys arround the world to kite.

just my two cents.

jimmi

RayManta

Since 19 Oct 2006
3 Posts
Hole in Heaven
Kook

PostSun Oct 29, 06 9:39 am     Reply with quote

shastadogs2 wrote:
thought i would wade in. . .

its funny to hear the whining about a few bucks from a crew that literally flys arround the world to kite.

just my two cents.

jimmi

Shocked Very Happy

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSun Oct 29, 06 8:02 pm     Reply with quote

$50 here or there adds up, especially if you have to check-in more than once like you do for international flights... Hawiian = $80 per check-in.... and I don't find the golf bags lacking in size... the main enemy is the 50 lbs weight limit.

This last trip I had: 127 TT Board, Skim Board, 12-9-7 kites, two kite bags, camera tripod: 45 lbs.

I'll probably just get another golf bag for the next trip so we can pack both TT boards (one for me and one for girlfriend) and the skim and 4 kites. One trip there, one trip back, 4 check-ins because of customs... that's $200, $150 golf kite bag is paid for. Very Happy

jonah

Since 20 Jul 2006
169 Posts
Hood River
Stoked

PostWed Nov 01, 06 12:43 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks all for the advice! I got lucky and was under 30 days with Big Winds so they let me exchange for the NSI. Sorry to hear about your situation chanson.. i'm sure a little eBaying will take care of it though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: