Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Just got back from Cape Hatteras and Real's camps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
newgirl

Since 03 Sep 2006
16 Posts
Beaverton

PostWed Oct 11, 06 7:38 pm    Just got back from Cape Hatteras and Real's camps Reply with quote

Hey guys,
I spent last week at Real's ZtoH and Evolution camp. Stayed in the beach house with some cool guys. One of whom flew his plane down from NYC and offered to bring my sister for the weekend. What a FUN surprise. Real let her come out on the jet ski with me to join the fun.

The bunk house is small and you have to use the outside showers and the bathroom next to the office. Don't forget your towels as none are provided. Didn't have any problems with mosquitoes but used sunscreen everyday and still came home with a very burned face!

The camps were run with good coaches but we were skunked for wind on 4 of the 6 days. Quite a drag sitting on the sweet launch area waiting for the flags to fly. Learned alot about gear, tuning, trouble shooting all sorts of stuff to talk about when there's nothing blowing.

Finally had a 20 - 25 on Sunday AM and 25 - 30 in the PM, used a 13 and 7. Weather was warm and the water wasn't too cold. The sound is sweet, the ocean surf was pretty intense, careful of the undertow.

I think the froggy dog was closed for the season. Wasn't much to do, drove to the ferry dock, checked out the lighthouse, went to the aquarium, went to a movie, went shopping....would much rather have been learning to kite which is the whole reason I went there in the first place.

Anyway, have a great time, I'm looking for other newbies to kite with and who's going to Mexico when????
newgirl

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostThu Oct 12, 06 7:49 am     Reply with quote

Bummer about the wind, hope we get luckier!

Does Real refund any of your money or give you shop credit for windless days?

newgirl

Since 03 Sep 2006
16 Posts
Beaverton

PostThu Oct 12, 06 2:43 pm     Reply with quote

Real is great about giving store credit either on lessons or gear. Since I didn't know when I'd get back there I used my grand on gear. It hasn't arrived yet and I hope I made a good choice. I got a M80 9m and the short harness (in brown and pink for girls!) and a litewave 145 board. Did I do o.k.?

Bettyboarder

Since 18 Mar 2005
1823 Posts
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey

PostThu Oct 12, 06 2:49 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:
short harness (in brown and pink for girls!)

I got a pair of those this summer and I love them! Made a great choice on those.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: