Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Rooster on Tuesday
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4203 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostTue Oct 10, 06 2:48 pm     Reply with quote

I was there 12 to 2:00, I think it was just starting to fill in when I left. It was very fluky while I was there. Somtimes East, somtimes West... There was a group of kiters that hiked all the way east to the end of the island; they were powered up on 9s and 12s the whole time. It looked like it might be taking off nearer to the parking lot when I left though. Then again, it might have been just another tease. If it's always that much better at the east end, we might have to displace the Viet Schlong and claim Rooster for the U.K.A every fall. (United Kiters of America) Very Happy

Nak

wakeup

Since 11 Sep 2005
328 Posts
always
Obsessed

PostWed Oct 11, 06 7:52 am     Reply with quote

east side of rooster is the shit
30 min hike out of tha parking area
but well worthit
lots of sand out there

the wind was a little north
dalton was really light
was real shitty downwind of where we were
rode downwind to the normal launch in one shot----20yds offshore, straight down the river

boardrider

Since 05 Apr 2006
1034 Posts
Ventura, CA
XTreme Poster

PostWed Oct 11, 06 3:53 pm    Wendsday Reply with quote

East side of sand island definetly has some nice ridin'. It was good again today - C

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4203 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostWed Oct 11, 06 5:28 pm     Reply with quote

Hey Boardrider! When were you out there today? Was the normal launch spot dead? What were the winds up on Sand Island? Do you think Dalton was going, or is Sand Island the magic spot for light East Winds...
Thanks! Very Happy

Nak

boardrider

Since 05 Apr 2006
1034 Posts
Ventura, CA
XTreme Poster

PostWed Oct 11, 06 5:43 pm     Reply with quote

Nak - Winds seemed a little from the south today. I launched near Dalton @ 10:30am and pulled out at RR @2:00pm - The wind seemed to come up slightly during that time, but it was pretty consistent throughout that whole stretch of river. I was slightly underpowered on my 9m Yarga and a mid size twin. A 12m would have been perfect. The area to the E of the island is nice d/t a sand bar mid-river that produces butter smooth and shallow water. Great for practicing those unhooked trix. I don't know if there is any one 'magic' spot @ RR - it just depends on the day. -C

PS - I was really happy to ride a 'C' after a whole summer on the waroo - I think I did 1/2 the downwinder unhooked. Razz - C

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4203 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostWed Oct 11, 06 7:34 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Boardrider! Very Happy Yesterday the wind was more Northerly... I might be able to break free and give it a go tommorow if it's looking OK. But what is OK? Rooster was reading basically calm from 12 on today. Do you have any good scoop on what to check for winds on that stretch?

Thanks Again!
Nak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: