Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Tramp Training
Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Oct 09, 06 6:53 am    Tramp Training Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ukmiNS6L8Y

(why'd you delete it importracer9999999999999?)

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostMon Oct 09, 06 11:04 am     Reply with quote

Haven't seen that vid before, but we used to do that back in high school... haha! What'd JP do now?

importracer9 99

Since 27 Oct 2005
296 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Oct 09, 06 12:34 pm     Reply with quote

I posted it up last night
Last edited by importracer9 99 on Mon Mar 22, 21 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total

EdG

Since 19 Dec 2005
424 Posts
Just a Kook that's
Obsessed

PostThu Oct 12, 06 10:39 am     Reply with quote

I wish we had one of those here in PDX!!!!

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostThu Oct 12, 06 2:22 pm     Reply with quote

importracer9 99 wrote:
I posted it up last night but was afraid it was already posted and people would throw rocks at me and call me a fag.

why would we ever do that?....fag. Twisted Evil

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostThu Oct 12, 06 3:14 pm     Reply with quote

OH MY GOD!! I want that!!

Seriously, what an awesome way to spend the winter months. My buddy has a three car, two story garage in NOPO that would be perfect for setting up a little training area. Drink beers, rock out to music and hop on the trampoline practicing all manner of reckless stuff.

So how much does a trampoline cost anyways?

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostThu Oct 12, 06 3:31 pm     Reply with quote

Ours was $20 from a friend, but it was only the big round kind. This time we need a HUGE rectangle one!

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the

PostThu Oct 12, 06 3:41 pm     Reply with quote

how big is it? I scanned CL for some and there was a bunch of 12' footers and a 16' as well. All round though.

I'm going to call my buddy with the garage when I leave the office

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostSat Oct 14, 06 7:27 am     Reply with quote

pdxmonkeyboy wrote:
Drink beers, rock out to music and hop on the trampoline practicing all manner of reckless stuff.

I think having an offseason training facility would be sweet! Not to go all RickI on everyone... I fall short in the safety department myself. But...

my cousin lived in Bend in the early 90's and was a local snowboard standout. He and his friends opted for snow after high school, god bless 'em and tramps were an integral part of pulling off tricks on the hill. He snapped his neck getting inverted and landing on the edge. Diagnosed a parapalegic, he spent the next year in surgeries, rehab at UW. He can barely walk and is lucky to do so. When one of his toes actually moved several months after, the tears of joy from family and friends was very heartwarming. Unfortunately, he is severly handicapped. Be careful out there, getting high and tramps don't mix-

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostSat Oct 14, 06 9:38 am     Reply with quote

Pretty sure it was only a 12ft, but it was still decent enough to screw around on with a snowboard back then. 16ft sounds better though!

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostSat Oct 14, 06 9:51 am     Reply with quote

you can actually take classes at the university for some pro training and safe learning environ, and a good tramp, and maybe some young beauties. Cool at least at uo offers not sure bout the farm and agri college up the road or any p-town locations. The 12 foot tranps are really small, good chance of finding the springs or frame on the landing. youtube shows pink getting her nipple pierced to Rolling Eyes heard it on the radio.

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the

PostSat Oct 14, 06 10:45 pm     Reply with quote

Still pretty stoked on the tramp idea. There are a few 16 footers online for sale. One question I did have is does anyone know how strong the safety nets are that the sell for those things?

I know they can stop a kid from flying off but how about an adult with a kiteboard strapped to his feet? I.E. Are they worth the cash?

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostSun Oct 15, 06 7:43 am     Reply with quote

I had a trampoline growing up and it was a kid eater. We had a blast.

FYI, The one thing you should look at in an old trampoline is the condition of the mat. If it's been out in the weather for a long time it will be to stretchy which will result in someone of adult weight hitting the ground because it will stretch to much.

broadbandito

Since 26 Apr 2005
342 Posts
CSO headwaters
WheatHead

PostSun Oct 15, 06 8:14 am     Reply with quote

From the subject line I thought this topic was going to address a completely different activity. So disappointing...

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostSun Oct 15, 06 9:27 am     Reply with quote

The neighbors behind my house here in Gresham have a trampoline for their kids. Just another 12ft with a net, and though I've never seen them 'fly' into it, it doesn't look very strong... If I were building a "safety system," I'd run some big chromoly tubing off the main legs (figure you need something to attach the bar too aswell - unless you've got a tree, etc.), then run some type of strong netting/padding between them. That's what I always wanted to do back when we had ours, just never got around to it.

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the

PostSun Oct 15, 06 6:57 pm     Reply with quote

good tips, I thought that the netting looked kind of flimsy but never saw one in person. A bunch of matresses would be cool but I have to be able to roll this thing out of the way when we are done with it.

Maybe some chromoly tubing and commerical fishing net (not the nylon stuff) the cotton heavy duty seiner stuff. Hell maybe a ring of guys with sofa cushions standing around the tramp would be best. LOL.

Anbody in PDX willing to help put this thing together? It would be nice to have weekly seesions on this thing. Did I mention my buddy has a keg-o-rator in his shop Smile.

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the

PostSun Oct 15, 06 7:06 pm     Reply with quote

found this safety cage online.. They even have an avi clip showing the system standing up to extreme abuse.

Check out this EXTREME jumper, I can't think that we would ever crash harder than this woman did.

http://www.fallguard.net/adexersize2.avi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: