Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Seattle and Vancouver, BC
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Teague

Since 10 Jul 2005
114 Posts
Really Windy Places
Stoked

PostThu Oct 19, 06 11:10 pm     Reply with quote

Nice shots Colby!! Those are postcards for sure. Some beautiful country up and around there. Thanks for sharing! Very Happy

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostThu Oct 19, 06 11:58 pm     Reply with quote

Yea, crazy pics!!! Why can't we find glass like that with a solid 30kts? Wink

dcrowe

Since 11 Oct 2005
265 Posts
hard to say, I was inverted
Obsessed

PostFri Oct 20, 06 1:14 am     Reply with quote

The best thing about Squamish is that the have the best climbing and bouldering in the Pacific Northwest. On no wind days you can climb the Chief or boulder, then kite in the bay when the wind picks up. My only advise (if you're just visiting) is bring your own beer. The price of beer in
squamish is rediculous (even for the swill).

Great White

Since 09 Aug 2006
7 Posts
Canada, eh!
Kook

PostFri Oct 20, 06 9:14 am     Reply with quote

dcrowe wrote:
... My only advise (if you're just visiting) is bring your own beer. The price of beer in
squamish is rediculous (even for the swill).

My friend, that is like peddling a rusty old bicycle to a classic Harley convention because it's cheaper...
and then telling everyone that your bike is better because it has a bell and spokie-dokes. Get what I mean? Wink

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4203 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostFri Oct 20, 06 10:02 am     Reply with quote

Great White, you obviously have not partaken of NW microbrews. Canadian beers ARE good, but it would be more like going to a Corvette convention--and bringing a Lamborghini Diablo. We aren't talking Budweiser here. Very Happy

Nak

Great White

Since 09 Aug 2006
7 Posts
Canada, eh!
Kook

PostFri Oct 20, 06 11:01 am     Reply with quote

trust me - I'm well versed. Okay, so microbrew. Good stuff. Maybe more like driving up in some sort of custom chopper. Some are really cool, some are just weird, but just doesn't have the classic solid feel.

I'll still bring a Harley to a Harley convention.

Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostFri Oct 20, 06 3:36 pm     Reply with quote

Dude - the beer up there is way expensive. I remember paying $12 CAD for a cheap 6 pack!! I was like - how am I supposed to get drunk paying $12 CAD for some swill in a can?

But with that being said - its beautiful up there. I was there in September and absolutely loved it. I'm going to try and go again in like January or February to see what its like - and I probably will bring my own beer - hahaha.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: