Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Waroo 2007
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Oct 02, 06 3:37 pm    Waroo 2007 Reply with quote

Just out today: http://www.bestkiteboarding.com/Waroo

Check out the "specifications" link on the left. Lots of new fangled features, like battens and what not. Its even a couple bucks cheaper.

LE Seam got upgraded:

Quote:

Load Flex Seam: New for 07 and out toughest construction to date. Triple stitched and webbing taped designed and tested to take maximum LE pressure.

If you buy make sure to support one of the local shops, don't just buy online from Best: New Wind Kiteboarding, ASI, Wiley's ... their prices are the same as Best and no shipping.

Rico

Since 13 Mar 2005
1219 Posts
Vancouver
Photographer

PostMon Oct 02, 06 4:52 pm    Waroo 2007 Reply with quote

When is it available? Question

Yardsale

Since 29 Mar 2005
387 Posts
Portlanastan
Obsessed

PostMon Oct 02, 06 6:01 pm     Reply with quote

The Waroo 07 is the most aerodynamically refined Dacron and Ripstop 'SLE' kite on the market......... .... uh ya right........and the Scion XB is the most aerodynamically refined car on the Market as well. Very Happy Shocked

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Oct 02, 06 6:45 pm     Reply with quote

Alright, go play paddycake with Ken Winner, Steve. Razz

Rico - I think they are supposed to be in shops in the next couple weeks.

Geno

Since 07 Apr 2006
64 Posts

PostMon Oct 02, 06 7:35 pm     Reply with quote

Have any of you looked at the RRD hyper type? From what I've heard it's supposed to be super stable and incredibly powerfull, or so I am told by friend who ones one. However I have not ridden one yet.

Yardsale

Since 29 Mar 2005
387 Posts
Portlanastan
Obsessed

PostMon Oct 02, 06 8:33 pm     Reply with quote

It's not paddycake.... it's hopscotch Phillip and your just jealous cause we didn't invite you. Hey where did that LE cam batten idea come from?...............hmm. Seriously the new Waroo looks good, they cleaned up some of the sloppy details........it will look very aerodynamic sitting on the beach......(I just couldn't leave it alone, whats wrong with me) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Oct 02, 06 9:05 pm     Reply with quote

Yardsale wrote:
It's not paddycake.... it's hopscotch Phillip and your just jealous cause we didn't invite you. Hey where did that LE cam batten idea come from?...............hmm. Seriously the new Waroo looks good, they cleaned up some of the sloppy details........it will look very aerodynamic sitting on the beach......(I just couldn't leave it alone, whats wrong with me) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ken Winner is a smart guy, lots of people copy his ideas. Very Happy

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostMon Oct 02, 06 9:07 pm     Reply with quote

I love how people who ride north take credit for inventing everything? Were you the first ones to use an aluminum shaft on a kite pump to?

DAYUUUUUM

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostTue Oct 03, 06 7:36 am    good ideas ??? Reply with quote

hopefully .
they won't act like him Laughing

Yardsale

Since 29 Mar 2005
387 Posts
Portlanastan
Obsessed

PostTue Oct 03, 06 8:12 am     Reply with quote

Inept_Fun wrote:
I love how people who ride north take credit for inventing everything? Were you the first ones to use an aluminum shaft on a kite pump to?

DAYUUUUUM

Dear Inepty,
Yes, North invented the theory of aerodynamics and everything associated with flight is the intellectual property of North. In addition North has a new unobtanium pump shaft coming out this year. It is really shiny and is guaranteed to keep that shine throughout the life of the pump.............Hey Naish, Slingy and other companies come up with great ideas that are their own-cam battens just happens to be one of Norths. I really don't care as long as these overprice hefty bags keep getting better. When I see guys like Phil and others killing it on the Waroos I know they must be good kites. For me they are just easy targets for funnin'. Now go hit that slider and do your homework! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Shocked

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Oct 03, 06 1:50 pm     Reply with quote

07 Bar, its about time they copy that sliding stopper (thanks Slingy!) Very Happy

Yardsale

Since 29 Mar 2005
387 Posts
Portlanastan
Obsessed

PostTue Oct 03, 06 2:09 pm     Reply with quote

Phil, they copied the whole bar, not just the slider.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Oct 03, 06 2:14 pm     Reply with quote

Yardsale wrote:
Phil, they copied the whole bar, not just the slider.

I guess if you think about it your right... double oh shit handles, side floats, mickey mouse ear swivel, red on the left... they should probably have gone to a new concept, like handles or something... Wink

Seriously though Slingshot puts some awesome stuff into their bars. I know they get paid for it because I know quite a few people who bought TD bars last year for their non slingy kites. The sliding stopper concept is an awesome idea, everyone should copy it.

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1804 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostTue Oct 03, 06 3:59 pm     Reply with quote

Anybody know if the new Best bar has a plastic, or stainless center hole?

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostTue Oct 03, 06 4:14 pm     Reply with quote

The new Slingshot bars have the sheeting strap in a different spot, on the chicken loop.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostTue Oct 03, 06 4:22 pm     Reply with quote

Well thats good peeps are buying slingys bars especially if they are buying them to fly waroos. That should keep'em limping along. They have to have felt the warros sale dominance. There bars are second to none and slings best kite hasn't changed in three years. Confused

gabe

Since 16 May 2005
475 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Oct 03, 06 4:27 pm     Reply with quote

you can buy this part for $39. it's a cool setup.

Inept_Fun wrote:
The new Slingshot bars have the sheeting strap in a different spot, on the chicken loop.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: