Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Sherman Island provides slice of heaven

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
genek

Since 21 Jul 2006
2165 Posts
East Po
KGB

PostSat Sep 30, 06 10:47 am    Sherman Island provides slice of heaven Reply with quote

Hey all,

Here's an update from California. Wind all around the bay is pretty dead, and my last killer session was 3 weeks ago at Manzanita. I'm starting to crave my fix, and head to Sherman Island hoping it'll provide 20mph+ wind. It came through big time. The chart's below. I was out and riding from 4-7pm, totally juiced on my 12m after 5pm. The flat water/strong wind combo was unbelievable. If you've ever been to Sherman Island and ridden behind the two upwind islands then you'll know what I'm talking about. These small grassy islands block the wind and provide for SUPER SMOOTH BUTTER, while still allowing some wind to make it over the top and around the sides. It was a dream for any powered moves (wake style, kiteloop, etc.) with ridiculous pop and the certainty of a smooth landing. All in all it was one of those unbelievable days when you're just riding, having a blast, sticking new moves, and not worrying about a thing in the world. I'm sure we've all had such sessions and I would like to take a moment to reminisce. Amazing what the end of the season can throw at you.

Hope you guys get some good wind up North soon.

PS Despite a somewhat "gusty" forecast Sherman Island was way steadier than most Gorge sites. Gorge is king of gustiness.

newgraph.gif 

jdk

Since 21 Dec 2005
333 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Sep 30, 06 7:08 pm     Reply with quote

Glad you got some wind. The gorge has been providing too. Last weekend was amazing flat water madness at RR. Today Lyle was blasting, I wish I would have had your 7! It was one of those cut-up-wind-to-save-your-life kind of days Cool

PICT0001.JPG 
   PICT0002.JPG 
   PICT0003.JPG 
   PICT0004.JPG 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: