Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Re-birth of WW???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Kitesail

Since 23 Jun 2006
108 Posts
The Gorge
Stoked

PostSat Sep 30, 06 7:57 am    Re-birth of WW??? Reply with quote

Kiters-

The WW we all knew and respected is over, it’s been tarnished by those wishing to take advantage of the work of others for self gain without any respect and honor of the ones who laid the foundation.

Now the question is; “will Bill continue to design kites”?
I surely hope so and feel that yes, it is his nature to do so.

When the time comes the kites will once again be an inspiration to innovation and give us kiters the opportunity to fly uniquely efficient and powerful kites and control systems.

Personally knowing Bill, I feel he is taking this time to reflect and re-build what was undermined by WW of present co.; being “burned” takes some readjusting and strategy.

Supporters of “Hansen Designs” are encouraged to speak up and let Bill know you stand behind the man as I do. We do want the flying machines of the present and future!

My order is placed….

Bill’s website and forum:
http://www.hansenaerosports.com/
http://www.hansensails.com/Home

Best to everyone,
John Bellacera DBA/Kitesail

Yardsale

Since 29 Mar 2005
387 Posts
Portlanastan
Obsessed

PostSat Sep 30, 06 8:41 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for the Post John. I really miss seeing you and Bill at Stevenson testing. It is a real shame that the WW name doesn't stay with Bill. Bill is so quiet but once he came over to me and said jokingly "get that piece of crap off my kite", referring to my North-I loved that! My first really good windsurf sails were Windwings and I remember going to Berkeley CA to sail and visit the loft. What a great vibe there was at that time, sails were being made at the loft and Bill was there overseeing it all. Atleast half the sailors in the Bay were on WW's and they were some of the coolest people I've ever met-really made me feel welcome. Hope to see it all continue, best regards, Stephan Bennett Very Happy
Last edited by Yardsale on Sat Sep 30, 06 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostSat Sep 30, 06 8:53 am    oh ya Reply with quote

Windwing WAS the bomber surf-sail
for sure Very Happy

dangler

Since 26 Feb 2006
1744 Posts
WINDY SPOTS
XTreme Poster

PostSat Sep 30, 06 2:08 pm     Reply with quote

Spot on John, I was disgusted listening to the ASNews podcast where Boardhead Bob took credit for others work, referring to Bill Hansen as "just our cad guy" and claiming that a caveman could design kites. If thats the case then maybe Boardbrain Bob and the tiny crew left at the floundering wreck of what was once a great company, have a chance. Windwing, it was nice knowing you, without Bill at the helm, its just a sad lot of posturing fools that will and do say anything for self promotion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: