Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Whats it looking like for the weekend?
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
chanson

Since 31 Jan 2006
1873 Posts
WISCONSIN
Chimey

PostThu Sep 28, 06 11:23 am    Whats it looking like for the weekend? Reply with quote

Where's everyone riding this weekend...Will the North coast be do-able with the fog?

Any gorge spots turning-on?

Any input helps...

jdk

Since 21 Dec 2005
333 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Sep 28, 06 11:30 am     Reply with quote

50/50?

http://w3.gorge.net/windwizard/marineCGE.asp?

Eastern Columbia Gorge Forecast:

EASTERN COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE OF OREGON-
EASTERN COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE OF WASHINGTON-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...THE DALLES...WHITE SALMON 345 AM PDT THU SEP 28 2006

TODAY - SUNNY. HIGHS 83 TO 88. LIGHT WIND BECOMING WEST 5 TO 15 MPH.

TONIGHT - CLEAR. LOWS 54 TO 59. WEST WIND 5 TO 15 MPH.

FRIDAY - SUNNY. HIGHS 83 TO 88. LIGHT WIND BECOMING WEST 5 TO 15 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON.

FRIDAY NIGHT - CLEAR. LOWS 51 TO 58. WEST WIND 5 TO 15 MPH.

SATURDAY - SUNNY. HIGHS 78 TO 85. LIGHT WIND BECOMING WEST 10 TO 20 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS IN THE AFTERNOON.

SATURDAY NIGHT - MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS 44 TO 52.

SUNDAY THROUGH MONDAY - PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS 69 TO 77. LOWS 44 TO 53.

MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY - PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS 42 TO 50. HIGHS 69 TO 75. && TEMPERATURE / PRECIPITATION THE DALLES 87 55 86 / 0 0 0

--------------------

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_forecast/index.php?zone=orz009&county=orc027&wfo=pqr&dgtl=1&lat=45.70556&lon=-121.52028

For: Hood River .
Created: September 28, 2006 12:29:29 PDT

This Afternoon: Sunny. High 85.

Tonight: Clear. East wind 7 mph. Low 46.

Friday: Mostly sunny. West wind 6 mph. High 85.

Friday Night: Mostly clear. West wind 12 mph. Low 45.

Saturday: Mostly sunny. West wind 8 mph. High 77.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy. Low 48.

Sunday: Partly cloudy. High 71.

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostThu Sep 28, 06 11:43 pm     Reply with quote

north or central coast on friday and sat. JK and tony, give me a ring if you can make it out.

Tony

Since 28 Aug 2006
940 Posts
Portland
Opinionated

PostFri Sep 29, 06 6:22 am     Reply with quote

Hell yeah....I'm up for anything at the coast or the gorge. Where ever the wind is blowing....

jdk

Since 21 Dec 2005
333 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Sep 29, 06 7:20 am     Reply with quote

like T said 'Hell yeah!'

does iKiteSurf metion good wind at N coast or Manzo? NWS doesn't make it look promising for these spots on sat/sun... Confused

Gorge seems to have potential though, lets hope that first forecast page is right!

chanson

Since 31 Jan 2006
1873 Posts
WISCONSIN
Chimey

PostFri Sep 29, 06 8:05 am    I've got my fingers crossed. Reply with quote

I am hoping for a little N Coast action on Sun.

Forecast looks promising for the afternoon. But If the wind is gorge-worthy, then..?

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Sep 29, 06 8:13 am     Reply with quote

Its looking like a Gorge-ous weekend! Very Happy

Tony

Since 28 Aug 2006
940 Posts
Portland
Opinionated

PostFri Sep 29, 06 8:34 am     Reply with quote

I'm actually leaning more towards the Gorge...All the news about body parts and shit - being washed up along the waters - well frankly, it's been freak'n me out... Shocked I wonder if any of -'em body parts have made it to the ocean..?
Anyways, who gives a rats nest, I'm pray'n for wind this weekend...Or my girlfriend is gonna kill me...It was suppose to be one of 'em Girlfriend/boyfriend weekends - kinda like when she stands by the back door of the house and tells me about what trees and shrubs need cutt'n - and about have'n dinner and tea at her mom's house...Yuk ...! Thats worse than going to the mall w/ her during the football playoffs... Mad ....So I broke plans with her this weekend...Not sure how it went down...I think it was making her dinner the other day and telling her how the wind is going to be killer this weekend and how it's probably going to be the last good weekend for kiteboarding...Well it worked...Pretty Slick... Laughing ...So the Gorge or the Coast or both.....It's all good...

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostFri Sep 29, 06 8:39 am     Reply with quote

Where the hell was Portland last night? Stevenson kicked in very nicely and all us locals had the place ourselves. Perfect 14m, and the Stevenson crew of Grom, Shannon, and Josh were out rippin as well. Got my first unhooked kiteloops were I was NOT fishpoling. Nice to land and have one hand on both side of the bar in case of crashage.

Of course Shey waited until it was perfect 17m kite loopin weather before he even pumped up! Shey, luv ya man and your my hero for even trying to crank that monster through!!! G-Man, was that you in the dying wind headed to Homer's Valley?

Same on tap for tonight and even better on Saturday if the forecast holds.

Kite on, Jon

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Sep 29, 06 9:04 am     Reply with quote

Stevenson pulled a double fake last night, I was watching the sensor build up till around 3 then died completely... I was like "aww screw it" then of course as soon as I make other plans, boom there it goes right back up.

Anyway, I'll make up for it the next 3 days...

jdk

Since 21 Dec 2005
333 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Sep 29, 06 9:13 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
All the news about body parts and shit - being washed up along the waters - well frankly, it's been freak'n me out... I wonder if any of -'em body parts have made it to the ocean..?

Shocked what happened?

Also, does anyone know status of the sewage overflow at sandbar? is it safe to ride at the sandbar? Thanks

Bettyboarder

Since 18 Mar 2005
1823 Posts
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey

PostFri Sep 29, 06 9:24 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyways, who gives a rats nest, I'm pray'n for wind this weekend...Or my girlfriend is gonna kill me...It was suppose to be one of 'em Girlfriend/boyfriend weekends - kinda like when she stands by the back door of the house and tells me about what trees and shrubs need cutt'n - and about have'n dinner and tea at her mom's house...Yuk ...! Thats worse than going to the mall w/ her during the football playoffs... ....So I broke plans with her this weekend...Not sure how it went down...I think it was making her dinner the other day and telling her how the wind is going to be killer this weekend and how it's probably going to be the last good weekend for kiteboarding...Well it worked...Pretty Slick...

Tony, hope your girlfriend doesn't read this forum. Shocked

Tony

Since 28 Aug 2006
940 Posts
Portland
Opinionated

PostFri Sep 29, 06 9:29 am     Reply with quote

jkjolsing wrote:
Quote:
All the news about body parts and shit - being washed up along the waters - well frankly, it's been freak'n me out... I wonder if any of -'em body parts have made it to the ocean..?

Shocked what happened?

Also, does anyone know status of the sewage overflow at sandbar? is it safe to ride at the sandbar? Thanks

I guess someone found a bag with body parts near the columbia R. in P-Town...I guess some dude got killed and sliced. Since than, a few other body parts been washing up...But here's the spooky part....There still body parts missing, still in the river - somewehere out there...Oh my gosh... Shocked Shocked Shocked

As far as the poop at hood river, not sure...Maybe one of the local hood boys can answer that.

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostFri Sep 29, 06 9:29 am     Reply with quote

pkh wrote:
Stevenson pulled a double fake last night, I was watching the sensor build up till around 3 then died completely... I was like "aww screw it" then of course as soon as I make other plans, boom there it goes right back up.

Anyway, I'll make up for it the next 3 days...

Me too! I made my mind up to go then decided not too as I saw the sensor. later I checked again and spent the next hour stomping around. Hope to get there today.

www.naishkites.com

Rollo Tomasi

Since 17 Mar 2005
983 Posts

Attractive

PostFri Sep 29, 06 9:35 am     Reply with quote

bambam wrote:
Where the hell was Portland last night? Stevenson kicked in very nicely and all us locals had the place ourselves. ......

Kite on, Jon

Kited the sandbar from 4-6 9m well lit for a good 90min then cruised back for the Glide and headed back out for another 30min or so. Lots of flatwater on the inside and the wind was good.

Last edited by Rollo Tomasi on Fri Sep 29, 06 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total

jdk

Since 21 Dec 2005
333 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Sep 29, 06 9:37 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
Tony, hope your girlfriend doesn't read this forum.

well the wind is supposed to be killer and it probably will be one of the last good weekends so...

besides that, my GF knows i'm full of BS when i start making excuses about getting out of BF/GF weekends. 'Yuk' is right... but not as yuk as body parts or solid waste in the river! maybe some quality time with the GF wouldn't be such a bad idea after all Wink

Tony

Since 28 Aug 2006
940 Posts
Portland
Opinionated

PostFri Sep 29, 06 9:48 am     Reply with quote

Tony, hope your girlfriend doesn't read this forum. Shocked[/quote]

I know Wink ...At some point, I feel like I really should make it up to her...I've given her so much crap all summer - anything to get out of doing yard work or foofy stuff, just so I can go kiting...She puts up with a lot...I think I'll swing by trader joes after work, grab some flowers and take her to dinner...but what if the wind is blowing good at stevenson today as Bambam says...Crap...So much stress...ok, I got it...If the wind is light, than I'll take her out to dinner...But if the wind is over 20 at Stevenson....You guessed it... Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: