Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Waroo Pro 13 Steering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
rorzeck

Since 26 Sep 2006
36 Posts

PostTue Sep 26, 06 4:23 pm    Waroo Pro 13 Steering Reply with quote

I have just purchase a Waroo Pro 13 and have used it twice, both times in winds ranging from 14 - 22 knots. I have set it up with the rear lines at both extreems, 2nd and 6th knot. In both cases the kite steers extreemly slow. I have used a standard Waroo 12 and it responds to bar controls much faster, even with a shoter bar. Any suggestions on set up or has anyone had a similar experience with this kite?

Very curious!

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Sep 26, 06 6:00 pm     Reply with quote

Its a much higher aspect kite than the Waroo, which can make for slower turning. Also I don't think the rear line pulleys help for responsiveness. I've heard you can make adjustments to the stopper knot on the rear line bridle to improve turning responsiveness.

I'd try it a few more times in some different wind, and then exercise the 30 day return policy if you still don't like it.

You might get better support at: http://forum.bestkiteboarding.com/

rorzeck

Since 26 Sep 2006
36 Posts

PostTue Sep 26, 06 6:17 pm     Reply with quote

Yea, the 30 day policy is always an option. I was just hoping that the kite would live up to the claims by the folks at Best. There are no real reports form anyone else who has flown this kite even on the Best forum. I will try dinking around with the bridle but it sure would be nice if the kite flew well right out of the bag, especially at this price.

Thanks

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Sep 26, 06 6:25 pm     Reply with quote

Here's an honest review:

http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2332381

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Sep 27, 06 8:16 am    Re: Waroo Pro 13 Steering Reply with quote

rorzeck wrote:
I have just purchase a Waroo Pro 13 and have used it twice, both times in winds ranging from 14 - 22 knots. I have set it up with the rear lines at both extreems, 2nd and 6th knot. In both cases the kite steers extreemly slow. I have used a standard Waroo 12 and it responds to bar controls much faster, even with a shoter bar. Any suggestions on set up or has anyone had a similar experience with this kite?

Very curious!

Move the yellow knot ~2 inches away from the reference knot tied in the bridle. The ner displacement between the reference knot & yellow knot will now be ~4.5".

I'm flying mine on a 50 cm bar (20") and it now steers with wrist input and I LOVE it.

My first ride on it in it's stock setup lasted all of 30 minutes, maybe less...

tuning.jpg 

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostWed Sep 27, 06 8:28 am     Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

Although I am a Naishcentric Kiter, I would definitely give Best the benefit of the doubt and work through the tuning issue. As I remember when I first rode initial production runs of the 05 Torch in Los Barilles, I thought it was the worst kite EVER... Turns out Naish had some serious issues with communicating some very specific tuning mistakes that were not correct out of the box.

Well the rest is history and the Torch turned out to be a super fantastic kite, and your gonna have to pry my Torch II's outta my dead cold hands...or at least replace them with 07 Torches.

John, I would be interested in riding that Warpoo Pro one of these days.

Kite on, Jon

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Sep 27, 06 10:48 am     Reply with quote

bambam wrote:

John, I would be interested in riding that Warpoo Pro one of these days.

Kite on, Jon

anytime!

cheers,
John

ps I might shoot down this weekend if the far east fires up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: