Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Mount Hood Oregon
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Wyo Kiter

Since 09 Mar 2006
148 Posts
In a VAN, down by the RIVER.
Stoked

PostTue Sep 26, 06 5:00 pm     Reply with quote

pjc wrote:
utah has the goods don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

flying over utah to ski oregon instead sounds like the greatest airborne disaster since the hindenberg.

You are correct sir!

The last time I skied utah, the term to best describe the snow was "goggle deep"!!!!!! Bring a neck gator so you don't choke on it!

And Say hi to Erin D. in the Peruvian bar!!! Drunk

Helping companys to innovate bricks-and-clicks supply-chains and orchestrate real-time content to deliver customized channels to scale strategic e-services and facilitate global e-markets which will incubate 24/7 niches and seize dot-com channels.

jdk

Since 21 Dec 2005
333 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Sep 26, 06 7:28 pm     Reply with quote

Please don't get me wrong, UT or ANY mountain skiing is SICK! i rode the icy mole hills of the midwest for 20 years, if the UK is anything like that you will have a great time anywhere that has snow and mountains

i have only ever been to these places mentioned for short periods of time and it sounds like these others lived there, so they would know better

p.s. tahoe was even sick in the rain, i rode all day soaking wet and i was stoked off my ass to have that opportunity

p.s.s. i had three pairs of long underwear and like 15 shirts on riding in CO when the temp didn't go above 0F for the entire week, and the windchill was like -30F. was i stoked? you know it!

Wyo Kiter

Since 09 Mar 2006
148 Posts
In a VAN, down by the RIVER.
Stoked

PostWed Sep 27, 06 8:11 am     Reply with quote

If you want to ski the biggest mountain in the USA, and snowkite, and party like no other than go to jackson hole.

www.tetonkite.com

www.jacksonhole.com

PS Bring you wallet and your Visa card cause JH isn't cheap. PM me for the skid row guide to JH

Helping companys to innovate bricks-and-clicks supply-chains and orchestrate real-time content to deliver customized channels to scale strategic e-services and facilitate global e-markets which will incubate 24/7 niches and seize dot-com channels.

brass

Since 15 Jul 2006
152 Posts

Stoked

PostWed Sep 27, 06 9:43 am     Reply with quote

Yes Jackson is by far the best and snow kiting on Togwotee Pass has been betting more popular. You will need a car too. Definately more expensive than going to Salt Lake, skiing at Snowbird and Alta (the only places that rival JH) and snow kiting wherever it is they kite down there. At least in Jackson the beer is full strength.

scouse_bri

Since 26 Sep 2006
3 Posts

Kook

PostWed Sep 27, 06 11:51 am     Reply with quote

great,

cheers for all the replies and pm's fellas. Just an idea at the moment. we did look at jackson, that might be a possibility.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone from the UK who moved out that way as seattle is one place i would consider re-locating to.

thanks again

brian

Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostWed Sep 27, 06 1:37 pm     Reply with quote

sorry pkh,

it seems like every time i go ride bachelor it's always fresh tracks in huge powder fields Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy and since i havent even been kiting for a full year my opinion is reduced to "disregard" status.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Sep 27, 06 1:45 pm     Reply with quote

no kiting in a full year! where are you right now so we can come save you?!! guantanamo bay?! Wink

I thought you were talking about kiting around bend, kiting on Bachelor... hmm certainly windy on that sucker, not sure about access though.

Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostWed Sep 27, 06 1:48 pm     Reply with quote

pkh wrote:
no kiting in a full year! where are you right now so we can come save you?!! guantanamo bay?! Wink

uh, no dude..i mean im a freakin kook newbie who didnt get lessons!!!!! Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostThu Sep 28, 06 6:22 am     Reply with quote

We have considered kiting on the east side of the thop , but on good snow days with wind and storms visibility is not so hot. across the street at the sled area ,moon mtn, has been done with b.s. wind.

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostThu Sep 28, 06 7:22 am    sol dude Reply with quote

easy pal ,
for sure you and many others ARE a menace Twisted Evil at the lake that are learners,it's just the way, Laughing
I was there and so was the Redditerd Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Doesn't mean anything there is always a lot of people bitching at the lake
And from your performance there (I do know what your doing in spite of not being there ,I used to live there and have many friends) I would say advise would be welcome from others especially about the hazards of sno-kiting .
Sno kiting is a lot more hazardous than water ,so try to open up and see what's up ,Youll' get more out of it
We camped ten feet from you and you had no idea about us being there But everybody at the lake Knew you were there (doing the Newb thing),
It's cool, nobody cares, it's fun to watch newbies.
Especially ones with no lessons (THINK registerd) Very Happy
Registerd has a lot snow expierence from climbing ICE and could have helpful advice to you .
The idea of just heading into the unknown with just my wits IS exciting but in the snow as water it could be a trip your not coming back from

Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostThu Sep 28, 06 4:12 pm     Reply with quote

ha ha,

i knew if i screamed out for attention i would get some.
i cant wait for the snow, its my roots man. water isnt my cup'o'joe.
and blowhard, i dont understand why you guys look down on people who are self taught. i literally fly everyday that theres wind and have progressed at great levels. im not saying everyone should do it. but lighten up buuddy.

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostThu Sep 28, 06 7:22 pm    Sol bro Reply with quote

I'm in for the Steens ,
i got the sled If we need it
None of my PALS(friends) got lessons
(I had to show them ) Rolling Eyes Very Happy Very Happy

kristine

Since 23 Apr 2006
15 Posts
Portland

PostThu Sep 28, 06 7:25 pm     Reply with quote

hey man he's the hippie on the whippie

scouse_bri

Since 26 Sep 2006
3 Posts

Kook

PostTue Oct 10, 06 5:11 am     Reply with quote

just a quickie to say thanks for all the replys but it looks like were heading to fernie in BC, so I guess I'll have to put the gorge on the wish list for now.

cheers all and have fun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: