Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Warm water fall sessions sept/oct

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
tekko

Since 20 Feb 2006
376 Posts
White Salmon
Liquid Force

PostTue Sep 19, 06 8:00 am    Warm water fall sessions sept/oct Reply with quote

So as PKH pointed out, the fall here looks pretty bleak. I felt it was about over when we were freezing last week with the temps and almost turned the heat on.

This is just an FYI, but having lived in Cape Hatteras for 4 seasons I can tell you all that right now, when it is crap here, it is firing there! Head high clean wave downwinders IN YOUR BOARDSHORTS !

I was hoping to be able to head down and was looking into travel arrangements, but it seems as if I might have to miss it due to time/money.

All I can say is airfares are about $250 roundtrip from pdx this time of year and rental houses within a walk to beach, with hot tub, start at around $500 for 4 bedroom.

If a couple people are interested in a week this fall, a group of 4-5 or more, sharing rental car and housing, could get a sick week of warm water riding for $500-$800pp. If we get enough interest, maybe I can even swing it.

I figured I had to throw it out there, just for those who didn't know.

Not often that I link to my previous employer, but check the sessions they had just last week.
http://www.realkiteboarding.com/index.cfm?page=newsitem&id=1231

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostTue Sep 19, 06 8:45 am    so true Reply with quote

This time of year until almost Dec when I was there it was very warm ,
We kited on the remanents of a Storm(twister) that killed 34 people in Arkansas
warm and windy despite the negitive impacts on others (creepy)
Southerlies did create some ridable surf ,until the lighting ran us off ,but not like the PACIFIC
Trip at Real is a great guy to hang with

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostTue Sep 19, 06 11:50 am     Reply with quote

Yo Tekko, could we hit the sliders at real? Maybe get some shots?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
NateDogg

Since 05 Mar 2005
627 Posts
I caught your mom on
cineaptic.com

PostWed Sep 20, 06 6:47 pm     Reply with quote

Anyone wanna go between Oct. 13th and Oct. 22nd?? I've got fall break and the tix are under $300...lemme know

Kraemer

Since 24 Apr 2006
1735 Posts
Sky Pilot
Unicorn Captain

PostWed Sep 20, 06 6:55 pm     Reply with quote

Sounds great. Twin Fin just got back and said it was unreal. I'm in!

NateDogg

Since 05 Mar 2005
627 Posts
I caught your mom on
cineaptic.com

PostWed Sep 20, 06 8:17 pm     Reply with quote

Alright who else is down?? I'm talkin doing it dirt cheap...college student style (cuz, well, thats what I am, and the income is fixed...for beer)

JK is in, who else wanna rep the PNW out on the right coast? The more we get, the cheaper we get!

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostThu Sep 21, 06 11:05 am     Reply with quote

I wanna go, but ill be hittin sliders all day no wave riding. Im down tho, lets fucken go! Ill talk to Dylan tickets from SLC cant be to expensive either.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
EdG

Since 19 Dec 2005
424 Posts
Just a Kook that's
Obsessed

PostThu Sep 21, 06 12:27 pm     Reply with quote

I could go around that time Nate. I used to live in Greensboro (3hrs away) and have wanted to ride the O Banks since I started kiting.

PM me if people are planning this. I still have room on my C Cards!!!

ED

NateDogg

Since 05 Mar 2005
627 Posts
I caught your mom on
cineaptic.com

PostThu Sep 21, 06 1:40 pm     Reply with quote

Check your inboxes for those PM's boys. Anybody else?? Hey tekko, is the real bunkhouse a pretty decent place to crash?

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostThu Sep 21, 06 2:06 pm     Reply with quote

I'll have to ask my knee and my girlfriend and see what they both say... but it sounds really cool. NW invades da east coast. Very Happy

pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostThu Sep 21, 06 2:12 pm     Reply with quote

what NC airport are you referring to for those cheap flights? i thought OBX was hard to access by air....

pretty f-n cheap flights for going across the country. i guess $55 barrel oil gets priced in pretty quickly by the airlines.

NateDogg

Since 05 Mar 2005
627 Posts
I caught your mom on
cineaptic.com

PostThu Sep 21, 06 7:28 pm     Reply with quote

According to Real's docs, Norfolk VA is the way to go. ORF

NateDogg

Since 05 Mar 2005
627 Posts
I caught your mom on
cineaptic.com

PostFri Sep 22, 06 3:33 pm    LAST CALL Reply with quote

anybody else? PM me for details. Flight is cheap. Lodging is cheap. Riding is epic!

EDIT: Tickets will be bought by the end of the weekend. If you're down, let me know!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: