Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Over Served at Rossie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
stevegriffith22

Since 14 May 2006
434 Posts

Obsessed

PostSun Sep 10, 06 7:31 pm    Over Served at Rossie Reply with quote

I just wanted to tthank every one for showing up at Rossie to have a great time! It was fun to hang with JP, Wiley, Tom and Matt, Rosale, Sibborn, Bam Bam, Brad and the whole crew. The wind Was OFF THE CHARTS, the Food was great, JP had all the propain and support trailor, people Slept in the park, back of trucks or where ever they fell. It was great to see everyone and on sat night after a sick day of ridding and knowing that sunday ridding may not happen. I busted out a bottle of ta-kill-ya and we passed it around till everyone was to drunk to move. We told dirty jokes, told some lies, talked about damn near everything, but we had a great time doing it. It times like this weekend that I want to never end. Kiting, haning with good friends and waking up in the moring to do it again. THanks for such a good time and Thanks for Darren wiley for bringing a ton of Liquid Force and Best stuff for every one to try! Thanks to Jason From Jetty Island kite and skim for bringing a bunch of boards and thanks to Bam Bam for crashing in the park with with the seattle crew! Hope to see you all soon again!!!!!!!!!

PS. I love Chilli Dogin'!!!!!!!!!

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSun Sep 10, 06 8:57 pm     Reply with quote

Damn sounds like a hell of a time. I miss Rosie...

gabe

Since 16 May 2005
475 Posts

Obsessed

PostSun Sep 10, 06 11:42 pm    Re: Over Served at Rossie Reply with quote

i do not see mention of the mighty downwinder in this list. did it happen or were 2 car logistics just too tough to pull off?

stevegriffith22 wrote:
I just wanted to tthank every one for showing up at Rossie to have a great time! It was fun to hang with JP, Wiley, Tom and Matt, Rosale, Sibborn, Bam Bam, Brad and the whole crew. The wind Was OFF THE CHARTS, the Food was great, JP had all the propain and support trailor, people Slept in the park, back of trucks or where ever they fell. It was great to see everyone and on sat night after a sick day of ridding and knowing that sunday ridding may not happen. I busted out a bottle of ta-kill-ya and we passed it around till everyone was to drunk to move. We told dirty jokes, told some lies, talked about damn near everything, but we had a great time doing it. It times like this weekend that I want to never end. Kiting, haning with good friends and waking up in the moring to do it again. THanks for such a good time and Thanks for Darren wiley for bringing a ton of Liquid Force and Best stuff for every one to try! Thanks to Jason From Jetty Island kite and skim for bringing a bunch of boards and thanks to Bam Bam for crashing in the park with with the seattle crew! Hope to see you all soon again!!!!!!!!!

PS. I love Chilli Dogin'!!!!!!!!!

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostMon Sep 11, 06 7:22 am    Re: Over Served at Rossie Reply with quote

gabe wrote:
i do not see mention of the mighty downwinder in this list. did it happen or were 2 car logistics just too tough to pull off?

nope...

10 rode.

where were you?

btw MacCreties - Alderdale was head high.

jp

gabe

Since 16 May 2005
475 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Sep 11, 06 8:31 am     Reply with quote

that's it? no gloating details? was it as good as you expected? how much better than last time? what sizes were people on? any rescues? i chose waves instead. maybe next weekend.

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostMon Sep 11, 06 8:39 am     Reply with quote

gabe wrote:
that's it? no gloating details? was it as good as you expected? how much better than last time? what sizes were people on? any rescues? i chose waves instead. maybe next weekend.

too busy...

Gloating?!? you got the wrong guy, this isn't NW-Kite's 'Smack Pit'.

Better.

3+ hrs

all sizes. 7 roo to 12 c(too much)

How was the down time on the coast?

Last edited by J.P. on Mon Sep 11, 06 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostMon Sep 11, 06 9:13 am     Reply with quote

Steve,

You and your tequila bottle are evil!!!

Thanks for the good times out there on Saturday... Great downwinder, and just a reminder to all you kiters to make sure that the leash is attached. Would'nt want ya'all to have to scramble over the rocks like this idiot in chase of a kite that you let go off on purpose, thinking it would fall harmlessly out of the sky. Hope the rest of you downwinders got a good laugh out of it, and the kite escaped with only a minor scuff!!!

Scary thing is that I did the whole downwinder without the leash on, and spent quite a bit of time unhooked and hanging on with just one hand...

Adios and until the next big fall blow... Bams

stevegriffith22

Since 14 May 2006
434 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Sep 11, 06 12:19 pm     Reply with quote

Bammer, I'm her to protect and serve......BOOZE Twisted Evil You will all have hangovers if I there!!!!!! Twisted Evil

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostMon Sep 11, 06 1:50 pm     Reply with quote

bambam wrote:
Steve,

You and your tequila bottle are evil!!!

Let's not forget the 1 gallon of absolute over Friday & Saturday.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: