Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Kiting Event: Nitinat Lake Vancouver Island, BC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
wheels

Since 14 May 2005
29 Posts

PostThu Jun 09, 05 9:07 pm    Kiting Event: Nitinat Lake Vancouver Island, BC Reply with quote

Been looking for an excuse to check out the kiting scene at Nitinat Lake (Nitnat), Vancouver Is., BC, or been looking to demo the latest North or Naish gear?

Check it out:

-Brian Wheeler-

Event Poster
 Event Poster  Nitinat Lake Event.jpg 

KiteKarl

Since 02 Mar 2005
213 Posts
Stockton, California
Stoked

PostThu Jun 09, 05 9:41 pm     Reply with quote

Tim, whadya think, let's hit it! Anyone else?

PostThu Jun 09, 05 9:58 pm     Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2574 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostFri Jun 10, 05 3:58 pm     Reply with quote

I never heard of it. Anyone sailed there? Hard to leave this area in late June. When Naish gonna do some shizzle around here??

johnicat

PostSat Jun 11, 05 7:45 am     Reply with quote

But once you experience it you will never forget it. It will become a Reason to leave here in late June. Nitinat is one of the top 2 kite spots in BC. Predictable, consistant wind like you've never seen before. Shocked

4Stringer/KipWinger

Since 27 Apr 2005
541 Posts
Hood River
Addicted

PostSat Jun 11, 05 8:48 am    promotional video Reply with quote

Johnicat showed me a video of the area from a trip that he took there last year. I'm sold. When are we goin?

Jim

mit_noslrac

Since 17 May 2005
108 Posts
Bend Oregon
Stoked

PostMon Jun 13, 05 9:47 am     Reply with quote

I'm going to hold off until:

HIGH as a KITE
AUGUST 21/22
Saturday10am-Sunday10pm
www.L4KITECORE.com
*L4KITECORE*
2500 watts of DJ
DRINK/FOOD/PRIZES
LOCAL KITERS GOING HARD
(604)-815-1546
THE SQUAMISH SPIT
FREE FOR ALL

KITEBOARDING LESSONS
www.L4KITECORE.com
(604)-815-1546
LOTS OF PRIZES
by sponsors above

This is a great event and Josh puts on a good party!!!!!!!
You take a week off work hit Sqaumish for the party and prizes and then go to Nitnat and the rest of Vancouver island.

more info @ http://www.l4kitecore.com

ORGANIZED by JOSHUA LEWIS

PostMon Jun 13, 05 9:55 am     Reply with quote

Wind Slither wrote:
I never heard of it. Anyone sailed there? Hard to leave this area in late June. When Naish gonna do some shizzle around here??

Slither, ya been doing too much of the coastal shizzle... Naish just had a demo days this weekend at the spit. New boards & kites available for all to ride. Crying or Very sad

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2574 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostMon Jun 13, 05 7:34 pm     Reply with quote

Sorry I missed it. Would love to try the Raven and the Alien as well as other stuff.

importracer999

PostMon Oct 24, 05 1:56 pm     Reply with quote

Surprised

Slipin Lizard

Since 23 Sep 2005
88 Posts
Hood River, Oregon

PostMon Oct 24, 05 7:16 pm    thinking of going to Nitnat? Reply with quote

Nitnat Lake is on Vancouver Island, and if I remember correctly about 2 to 2 1/2 hours north of Victoria. It doesn't look that far away, but you're on single lane roads. I was there a very long time ago (windsurfing, not kiting) and the last section of road was a very rough gravel with many potholes, dusty, and a bit hellish. I spoke to someone this season who said the condition of the road has not changed, but who knows..

Nitnat is actually open to the ocean way at the far end, the result being that at times there are tons of jellyfish in the lake. If you wipe out when they're there, you can't help but hit them (read: take a jellyfish in the face).

The best way from Portland would actually be to take the 101 up to Port Angeles, and take the ferry across from there. It's a long way to go, so if you're going to make the journey, I'd plan on staying for at least a few days to make it worth while. It is a beautiful spot, and there is camping right by the lake. It would be worth checking on the amenities though, as some of the Provincial Campgrounds can be pretty primitive.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: