Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

ocean rodeo bar vs turbo deisel bar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
inferno

Since 19 Jul 2006
167 Posts

Stoked

PostSat Sep 09, 06 1:26 pm    ocean rodeo bar vs turbo deisel bar Reply with quote

im trying to decide which bar is best for a bow kite, ive seen the TD bar in person and like how its setup but i just recently saw the OR bar on line and it looks nice to, both have the double CL line and the rope cleat, but the OR seems to be more compact (meaning you can pull the bar in closer to the rider which is good for those with shorter arms) and it has a ring on the CL to clip your leash to which is nice...

anybody used both that can compare

it would be real helpful if someone could post an upclose picture of the OR CL set up
thanx

inferno

Since 19 Jul 2006
167 Posts

Stoked

PostMon Sep 11, 06 5:17 am     Reply with quote

90 views and nobody can give me a simple review....
come on... help a kiter out

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Sep 11, 06 6:57 am     Reply with quote

probably nobody has tried both here, maybe check kiteforum.com

also we try to avoid "vs" threads here (brand against brand.) just makes people too flamey. Very Happy

Wyo Kiter

Since 09 Mar 2006
148 Posts
In a VAN, down by the RIVER.
Stoked

PostMon Sep 11, 06 7:01 am     Reply with quote

the ss bar is fully adjustable. you can adjust the lock and load chicken loop size, and donkey dick size. Also with the double chicken loop rope you can have the bar closer to you and then pull some depower and all is set up right again. I have not seen the other bar you mention but the SS bar is the best bar out there. There is a reson people are copying these bars.
Helping companys to innovate bricks-and-clicks supply-chains and orchestrate real-time content to deliver customized channels to scale strategic e-services and facilitate global e-markets which will incubate 24/7 niches and seize dot-com channels.

inferno

Since 19 Jul 2006
167 Posts

Stoked

PostMon Sep 11, 06 7:05 am     Reply with quote

true,
but i figured id give it a try, im one of those people that dont have much money so i cant afford to buy and sell and buy again, im mainly just looking to see what downsides there might be to the OR CL, it looks nice in the picture but ive never seen one in person, so if anyone has one and can give me any input on it that would be great, good or bad,
no kite product is perfect so i just what an honest opinion
thanx

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4203 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostMon Sep 11, 06 7:21 am     Reply with quote

Hi!

I've used the OR bar a couple of times, but not the TD bar.
1. The OR bar is NOT a pulley bar, so if you are using a kite that needs that it won't work for you.
2. The OR bar has the punch out system, the TD has the adjustable stopper. Depends on your preference as to which of those two is "better".
3. The OR has a leash that attaches to one front line, or you could hook it up like the TD leash.

Both good bars I think, but very different.

Good Winds!
Nak

inferno

Since 19 Jul 2006
167 Posts

Stoked

PostMon Sep 11, 06 7:43 am     Reply with quote

i already have a bar and lines, im just looking to by the CL, ill use the adjustable stopper whether i get the TD or OR, i just know the TD CL is pretty clean and simple but it seems like you'd get more bar travel with the OR...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: