Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

gorge spots and season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
jeffgreens

Since 08 Sep 2006
1 Posts

PostFri Sep 08, 06 2:10 pm    gorge spots and season Reply with quote

I'm looking to come out to do some riding. Advanced beginner to intermediate rider. I'm looking for a user friendly beach to just work on skills. Been riding in Costa Rica in tough conditions and want something a little mellower so i can relax and not fight waves, reefs, gusty winds and stingrays.
I hear about Roosevelt beach(?) Also how late in Sept. (Oct)is the wind good?
Thanx

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostSun Sep 10, 06 7:24 am     Reply with quote

Mellow isn't usually the first word that comes to mind to describe kiting in the gorge. Like Arenal & Bahia Salinas the wind cranks, lullls, & cranks some more. Summer starts winding down in sept, and its getting back to full wetsuits. By Oct the west winds have ran their course and easterlies start filling in. Roosevelt is a hike, way far out east. Bring your 4/3 & small kites.

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostSun Sep 10, 06 2:10 pm     Reply with quote

oh yeah, there is nothing more "relaxing" than kiting the gorge in the fall. LOL

If your coming in late sept. oct than rooster rock should be blowing east. Bring small kites and your set of brass balls if you have them. It's not that bad really but it can be intimidating nif your a beginer. very windy, gusty, cold wind, clouds, some rain. However, the beach is huge and there are enough people out there to help you out if you really get in trouble. (like washed down stream or ran over by a barge.

Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: