Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

holy sh!t

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
bajnhmj

Since 18 Aug 2006
9 Posts

Kook

PostWed Sep 06, 06 6:22 am    holy sh!t Reply with quote

I was up in the gorge this weekend and have never been out in that much wind... I'm used to mexico where the wind isn't nearly as gusty! I have to say that I have HUGE respect for all of you that ride in that much wind regularly. I never would've imagined I could get up behind a 5m kite until I went out in Hood River! The Gorge Rocks and just wanted to share my appreciation for the beautiful conditions you all have up there! You are all spoiled!

Brent

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Sep 06, 06 12:51 pm     Reply with quote

I had a friend visit from LA this weekend, it was fun to get him out on the small kites and show him some real wind! Very Happy

Mexico ain't a bad place to be though!

BigR

Since 05 Jul 2005
372 Posts
White Salmon
Obsessed

PostWed Sep 06, 06 3:11 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:
I was up in the gorge this weekend and have never been out in that much wind... I'm used to mexico where the wind isn't nearly as gusty! I have to say that I have HUGE respect for all of you that ride in that much wind regularly. I never would've imagined I could get up behind a 5m kite until I went out in Hood River!

Hmmmmmmm.... Both of the Punta San Carlo's in Mex can easily be as windy or even more than Hood River

bajnhmj

Since 18 Aug 2006
9 Posts

Kook

PostThu Sep 07, 06 8:00 am     Reply with quote

I'm usually go down to rocky point... the smallest i've ever needed there is an 11!

BigR

Since 05 Jul 2005
372 Posts
White Salmon
Obsessed

PostFri Sep 08, 06 4:14 am     Reply with quote

I agree, Rocky point is no where near as honking wind as further down south, the usual kite at penasco for me is a 16m. the landscape is real funky tho'

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostFri Sep 08, 06 6:35 am    MX. Reply with quote

Lot's of places in Mx. come to mind ,Progreso by Merida ,Xcalak by Chetumal ,Campeche.
And lot's Places in Baja Norte, Santa Rosalita,Bahia de Los Angeles ,San Carlos ,and some in Baja Sur,Abreojos, Los Barilles ,Punta Chivato ,La Ventana are a few of the places I have used 10.0 and smaller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: