Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

seat harness?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
mxwllms

Since 26 Jul 2006
110 Posts
Boring, Or
Stoked

PostTue Sep 05, 06 1:03 pm    seat harness? Reply with quote

I wear nitrous shorts and i notice that i am the one of the very few kiters wearing a seat-style harness. Is this a bad thing? will wearing this harness oposed to a waist harness effect my style or performance? What are the pros and cons?

just looking for opinions, Thanks.

-max

trevorsmith

Since 25 Apr 2005
501 Posts
PDX
Addicted

PostTue Sep 05, 06 1:32 pm     Reply with quote

I wear the Nitro's as well, I love them, but trying to ride toe-side is very hard. Rotation tricks take a bit to get used to, cause your rotation point is lower than a waist.

stevegriffith22

Since 14 May 2006
434 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Sep 05, 06 7:23 pm     Reply with quote

i wear nitrous shorts when its gusty or I'm going to be in the surf for right now. I like waist for every thing elce and I'm trying to make the full coversion over.

hope that helps Smile

Rico

Since 13 Mar 2005
1219 Posts
Vancouver
Photographer

PostTue Sep 05, 06 7:50 pm    Nitrous shorts Reply with quote

I switch to the Nitrous shorts because of my back getting strained after long sessions. They work great and I have no trouble with tricks or riding switch they just take a couple days to get used too.

mxwllms

Since 26 Jul 2006
110 Posts
Boring, Or
Stoked

PostThu Sep 07, 06 10:55 am     Reply with quote

thanks guys, it sounds like wearing those shorts wont kill my riding progression or my back!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: