Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Dude, have you seen the Scap-town sauvie forecast!!
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostThu Sep 07, 06 11:04 am     Reply with quote

The turning speed of small kites + short lines = what rocks!!! Wink

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostThu Sep 07, 06 11:27 am     Reply with quote

Small kites…

Big kites…

Short lines….

Long Lines….

Rocks…

Sand…

Nudies… Sometimes Good, Sometimes Not….

Bikinis…

Etc…

It’s all about kite sailing and therefore all good… Thumb's Up

~Nads

PS Sauvie’s came through last night with a nice 6pm push that lasted through the Sunset and into the Moon Rise!!

PPS Bored you say K23?? Wink

bored_109.gif 

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostThu Sep 07, 06 11:45 am     Reply with quote

Good call Dano! I put a decent size hole in one of my 7m strut's bladder yesterday at Stevenson (Tony @ SS said, "You're going to wear your kite out." as I dragged it from the SS parking lot over to the launch), and JP's got the TearAid in his car at work (downtown) so yea... Can't even fix the kite right now. Don't feel like driving downtown. And I'll STOP complaining now. Very Happy

Might just have to find a place that the 11m will work at today. Blah!

P.S. - Cool .gif y0!

Tony

Since 28 Aug 2006
940 Posts
Portland
Opinionated

PostThu Sep 07, 06 11:58 am     Reply with quote

Kataku, Dude, next time you need some fix'n, and If you cann't find me look for the silver Toyota...I'm like a mobile "Air time"...I got patches and shit if you need any...It licks to find out your have'n a blast and shit happens. Crying or Very sad ....I aint cheap...I'll be willing to help if asked...

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostThu Sep 07, 06 12:03 pm     Reply with quote

Sweet, thanks for the heads up, Tony! I think I know who you are... I'm Adam, the smaller asian kid (if Tak is considered the little one) who was at PDX on that last east day, and who was at Stevenson yesterday (taking pics since I only was able to ride for about an hour). Remember me? Wink

EDITED

Last edited by Kataku2k3 on Thu Sep 07, 06 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostThu Sep 07, 06 12:13 pm     Reply with quote

Tony wrote:
Well I don't think the water well ever be that clean, especially if fish crap in it and I keep pissing in it because I'm too lazy to land my kite and find a shitter (outhouse, bush, tree, shed, barn, Amery's car Tire - Next time I see it... Wink )
So check it out...I'm about 190 and I was lit @ Stevenson on my 13 fuel w/ 132 sx Razz ...What was I thinking, I should have been on a 9....Regardless, that was sweet...Shit, I've only used my 13 at Sauvies 1 time this whole summer and that was for 1/2 hr and than it shut off...I'm not sure if it's just me but this whole Sauvie summer has been kinda weird. Don't get me wrong, Sauvies is a killer spot and I'll always keep going there. I know that when the wind and that fu*#'n current is great, than the conditions can be pretty bitch'n...Especially when the chicks come out in there bikinis and all my kiting bros hang'n out with a pack of bruskies in the cooler. For the most part, I still got a lot of good sessions at Sauvies this summer. As of Yesterday, I've tossed the 18m in the closet. I'm ready for the 13m. Maybe next year, the winds at Sauvies will be a little stronger for me. But for now, look for the Silver Bullet Toyota parked in the Gorge.

hey tony,

nice to hear the stoke. i love stevenson and kite their almost every weekend. last monday though, the wind was 8 gusting to 24 so, i was just laughing to myself about steady wind. we don't really get that here in the gorge.

kt

Tony

Since 28 Aug 2006
940 Posts
Portland
Opinionated

PostThu Sep 07, 06 12:23 pm     Reply with quote

Right on man...Yeah PDX airport - don't remind me...The only good thing about that evening was packing my kite...I've only been there twice and they were both pretty sad sessions. Though it looked like you and JP were able to make the best of it...Awesome...!
Oh yeah, Your not the only asian out there. I also seen that little oriental man - the one that smells funny - Whats his name....Tackashima..Well he's the one I seen breast feeding at Sauvies a few weeks back.....note: Don't float around in the water whe he rides by you...While at Stevenson, That little man through a huge spray at me that was unreal...."Jeff - I got a present for you..."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: