Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Dude, have you seen the Scap-town sauvie forecast!!
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostTue Sep 05, 06 9:16 am    Dude, have you seen the Scap-town sauvie forecast!! Reply with quote

HAsn't been that high in a while.. could it be?

Will Sauvie give us one last outing? Or will it tease us and doom us to a winter spent thinking about how much Sauvie can suck?

Can a brother get an 8-ball?

alleycat

Since 29 Jun 2006
176 Posts
Portland
Stoked

PostTue Sep 05, 06 9:34 am     Reply with quote

The wind looks great this morning, eh? If the 11 am report shows that the wind is continuing to blow I will be at Sauvies before noon.

Alleycat

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostTue Sep 05, 06 9:46 am     Reply with quote

Aviation forecast looks good >> http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/launch/code.cgi?model=eta&Submit=Change+Source&state=OR&sta=KSPB

NOAA is a little more skeptical... Rolling Eyes

signsyes.gif 

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostTue Sep 05, 06 9:55 am     Reply with quote

That'd be sweet! And even though it takes just as long to drive from my house to Sauvies as it does to Hood River, it always seems closer... Confused

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the

PostTue Sep 05, 06 10:13 am     Reply with quote

well, i'm going with the 8-ball prediction.

The aviation forecast is the most accurate thing going out there (i think anyway). Most of the time it is right on the money, not like I-kite in which the meterologist always seems to throw in a "Sauvie NNW 10-14" at the end of the forecast just to make it seem like us PDX'ers are represented.

Smile

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostWed Sep 06, 06 12:52 pm     Reply with quote

well, how was it? couldn't make it last night but, am planning on today. any reports?

thanks
kt

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the

PostWed Sep 06, 06 1:09 pm     Reply with quote

go somewhere else or at least check the tide charts first.

OR

Bring lots of beer.

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostWed Sep 06, 06 1:28 pm     Reply with quote

pdxmonkeyboy wrote:

OR

Bring lots of beer.

so, it was that good eh?

thanks.

kt

jdk

Since 21 Dec 2005
333 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed Sep 06, 06 2:44 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:

OR

Bring lots of beer.

cock tease island??? bring your canoe and kite with that? Very Happy

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostWed Sep 06, 06 5:41 pm     Reply with quote

Just got back from Stevenson which seemed to be the place today (everyone was out)! Sauvie's wasn't too bad yesterday for about an hour period. I was decently powered on my 11, but the current was a pain in the ass. Did a few hikes, JP talked to some girls from Sweden that thought we talked too fast, then we left!

Tony

Since 28 Aug 2006
940 Posts
Portland
Opinionated

PostThu Sep 07, 06 6:45 am     Reply with quote

Yeah, Stevensburg was definitely the place. Wow, and here's the ticket...I never kited there before. That place rocks...Strong steady winds...wide open space with sparkling clean water...Well shit - at least the water is cleaner than Sauvies. And, it's only a freak'n 30 minute drive from the house. Sure, the launch is kinda sketchy...But if your carefull, it's pretty easy - Hmmm, but I could have thought someone told me it was a sandy beach...Anyways, Stevenson has just climbed to my No.1 spot to kite in the Gorge. Oh, and Props to all those (Tomas) who gave me a few pointers to know about when kiting at Stevenson....Thanks Guys...

Gman - JK and I are planning on kiting Friday....Call him....Lets meet and head out to the Gorge...I'll "PM" you my phone number...

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostThu Sep 07, 06 8:44 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
Strong steady winds... sparkling clean water...

hey tony,

not sure if we kite the same stevenson but, that would be nice.

Very Happy

sauvies was great last night. i never walked once and was way powered on my 14. great night.

kt

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the

PostThu Sep 07, 06 9:23 am     Reply with quote

Tony, I'm glad that you had such a rippen time at Stevenson. Your phone message was awesome, always cool to hear someone so stoked on the sport!

Tony

Since 28 Aug 2006
940 Posts
Portland
Opinionated

PostThu Sep 07, 06 9:34 am     Reply with quote

Well I don't think the water well ever be that clean, especially if fish crap in it and I keep pissing in it because I'm too lazy to land my kite and find a shitter (outhouse, bush, tree, shed, barn, Amery's car Tire - Next time I see it... Wink )
So check it out...I'm about 190 and I was lit @ Stevenson on my 13 fuel w/ 132 sx Razz ...What was I thinking, I should have been on a 9....Regardless, that was sweet...Shit, I've only used my 13 at Sauvies 1 time this whole summer and that was for 1/2 hr and than it shut off...I'm not sure if it's just me but this whole Sauvie summer has been kinda weird. Don't get me wrong, Sauvies is a killer spot and I'll always keep going there. I know that when the wind and that fu*#'n current is great, than the conditions can be pretty bitch'n...Especially when the chicks come out in there bikinis and all my kiting bros hang'n out with a pack of bruskies in the cooler. For the most part, I still got a lot of good sessions at Sauvies this summer. As of Yesterday, I've tossed the 18m in the closet. I'm ready for the 13m. Maybe next year, the winds at Sauvies will be a little stronger for me. But for now, look for the Silver Bullet Toyota parked in the Gorge.

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostThu Sep 07, 06 10:04 am     Reply with quote

lol... i was on a 7 (waroo) at stevenson yesterday... i had to work it a bit at first, but it's even more fun than the 13!

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the

PostThu Sep 07, 06 10:15 am     Reply with quote

Well ditch some of those older kites and grab a 9 or 7 meter bow and get ready for rooster rock! Talk about wicked fun!! It's like a sauvie island except their are naked guys strolling around, the women are large and in charge, and the winds can get totally insane. Like desert sand storm, let me get out of here alive insane.

SOOOOOOOOOO much fun! Also, you don't have to deal with tons of people who seem to always pump up their kites, lay out their lines and then proceed to walk around and shoot the shit all afternoon. I swear their are about 5 guys who are ALWAYS at Sauvie and I've seen them on the water like once.

No big deal, I mean their having fun and all and that's the point, but sometimes I can't help thinking, did you come out to kiteboard or what? Has anyone else witnessed this phenomenon or am I just being an arrogant elitist?

Question

Tony

Since 28 Aug 2006
940 Posts
Portland
Opinionated

PostThu Sep 07, 06 11:01 am     Reply with quote

Elvis, I agree, seems like the smaller the kite, the more fun you can have...Now, I know I aint no expert but it also seems to me that smaller kites (stronger winds), means bigger air - thus greater hang time...I swear I gotten some huge ass air on a smaller kite. I still like my big kites but smaller kites Rock...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: