Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Strong Easterlies
Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Aug 30, 06 9:19 am    Strong Easterlies Reply with quote

Looks like we finally might get some decent easterlies the next few days, not those girly man 15mph at Stevenson ones. Thumb's Up

Good news because I haven't been to Rooster Rock since last year. That place is a whoot (minus the viet schlong of course.)

Tony

Since 28 Aug 2006
940 Posts
Portland
Opinionated

PostWed Aug 30, 06 9:38 am     Reply with quote

So I haven't drove through there in a while...but is the sand bar out at Rooster Rock...?

genek

Since 21 Jul 2006
2165 Posts
East Po
KGB

PostWed Aug 30, 06 9:46 am     Reply with quote

Sounds like prime time to do a downwinder to Rooster Rock, should be especially nice not to have to fight the current. Maybe even worth getting off work a few hours early before the big weekend Smile I need a fix of solid wind after last Sunday. Anyone else?

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4203 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostWed Aug 30, 06 9:47 am     Reply with quote

I went by in a boat a couple of days ago; the water still seems pretty high from the river. There is probably room to set up, and lots of shallow water goodness, but I couldn't tell if you could get there from the parking lot?

Nak

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostWed Aug 30, 06 9:53 am     Reply with quote

2 weeks ago, you could easily walk... full sandbar and ..unfortunately...lots of banana hammocks in the parking lot trudging down to the blue-hair-lots-o-wrinkle-beach.

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostWed Aug 30, 06 9:59 am     Reply with quote

Schweet!

I heard Rollo T. is organizing a volleyball game - NWKite against the VS

Bring your game (leave your clothes in you car)… Wink

Click at your own risk for more info on the nude beach: http://www.orcoba.org/wst_page2.html

On a serious note: Let the down winders begin! Time to break out the little kites! Thumb's Up ~D

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostWed Aug 30, 06 10:35 am    Re: Strong Easterlies Reply with quote

That cracks me up

Tony

Since 28 Aug 2006
940 Posts
Portland
Opinionated

PostWed Aug 30, 06 10:54 am     Reply with quote

Jumping Kiteboarders..., WOW...Viet Schlongs, Banana Hammocks and now a game of nude Volleyball ....Sounds like fun. Only if Grandma and Grandpa don't play...

genek

Since 21 Jul 2006
2165 Posts
East Po
KGB

PostWed Aug 30, 06 11:12 am     Reply with quote

Of course grandma and grandpa will wanna play. It seems there's an inverse correlation between attractiveness and the desire to be seen nude. But, hey, if they're having fun...

What I don't get is why some of them are still around when we're out riding. I can't imagine having your family jewels sand blasted by winds over 25mph feels very good, but then again I guess I've never tried it Confused

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostWed Aug 30, 06 11:22 am     Reply with quote

Dude, there is nothing quite like a good sandblasting of your undercarriage! As any of the VS will attest, real men have nut saks that look like old leather saddle bags.

A downwinder sounds like super fun, we should set it up! I'm also throwing a party/ BBQ saturday evening. Having the NWkite community attend would definately make me run and get a keg of micro. AS an added drunken treat, we are planning to set something on fire in tribute to all the burning man folks who can't make it to the party. I just can't decide what to burn. The wife passed on the 6' tall junior burning man structure amde out of 2x2's ...probably a good idea. Maybe I can burn my 02 10m fuel?

genek

Since 21 Jul 2006
2165 Posts
East Po
KGB

PostWed Aug 30, 06 11:49 am     Reply with quote

Looks like there'll be East wind the next few days with potential peaking (aka nukage) on Friday. Saturday's definitely doable, but anyone interested in ditching work a bit early and doing one on Friday as well?

Where do people usually launch? I was thinking of that boat ramp at exit 29 (forgot the name), which gives about 4 miles of riding. Are there better options?

What time would you wanna start on Saturday?

Junior burning man sounds pretty sweet. Burning the Fuel may be a good offering to the wind gods, but probably a sad sight for the rest of us. The real question is: would an Octane burn faster than a Fuel???

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostWed Aug 30, 06 11:50 am     Reply with quote

Dalton Point

Tony

Since 28 Aug 2006
940 Posts
Portland
Opinionated

PostWed Aug 30, 06 11:56 am     Reply with quote

Forget the burning, (PDXMONKEYBOY) I say you pre-order that Keg of Micro and bring it to Rooster Saturday afternoon. I'll volunteer to keep it in my truck - it'll stay nice and cool...It will be our addition during and after the volleyball game... Very Happy

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostWed Aug 30, 06 12:05 pm     Reply with quote

I thought you were going to head to Irrigon to tear up the town!

If your going to be around you should come over. I can do friday at rooster, I don't have to work.

genek

Since 21 Jul 2006
2165 Posts
East Po
KGB

PostWed Aug 30, 06 12:23 pm     Reply with quote

Forget leaving the keg in the truck. I have a little inflatable boat that I'll tie to my harness and we can bring the keg with us on the downwinder Very Happy

Let's keep an eye on the wind for Friday. I was thinking about trying to make it out to Rooster by 2pm. Is that a reasonable time? How bad will I-84 get going East after 1pm on Friday?

Tony

Since 28 Aug 2006
940 Posts
Portland
Opinionated

PostWed Aug 30, 06 12:29 pm     Reply with quote

I'm still heading over to Eastern Oregon (I-Town)...But wind conditions seem to be changing my plans...I'm planning to kite Friday afterwork, and Saturday late morning and into the afternoon. I'm getting the hell out of dodge come Saturday - early evening. Rooster tends to die in the evening, but I hope I can still get an evening session. I haven't kited since monday and I'm already going through withdraw symptoms...

Tony

Since 28 Aug 2006
940 Posts
Portland
Opinionated

PostWed Aug 30, 06 12:34 pm     Reply with quote

Sweet Genek....I'll bring the Beer Cups...They were a big hit during the previous event....

party cups.jpg 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: