Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

replacing sx 136 with drop ltd 138

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pauls

Since 20 Jun 2005
562 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

PostTue Aug 29, 06 2:37 pm    replacing sx 136 with drop ltd 138 Reply with quote

After learning on an '03 sx 136 I'm thinking of buying myself a more up to date board. The '06 drop 138 ltd seems the right size for me (75kgs) riding most often on a waroo 14 or 9 in usually choppy conditions. The only other boards i've ridden are my ply/epoxy light wind boards. Will the drop be very different to the SX or will i be dissapointed?

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostTue Aug 29, 06 2:42 pm     Reply with quote

I would try to demo a board or two first. You will likely want a smaller board.

Where are you riding by yourself?

I'm 190 and ride a 132.

Wyo Kiter

Since 09 Mar 2006
148 Posts
In a VAN, down by the RIVER.
Stoked

PostTue Aug 29, 06 6:05 pm     Reply with quote

[quote="pdxmonkeyboy"]
quote]
Humm...It must be a secret spot!

Helping companys to innovate bricks-and-clicks supply-chains and orchestrate real-time content to deliver customized channels to scale strategic e-services and facilitate global e-markets which will incubate 24/7 niches and seize dot-com channels.

tstansbury

Since 06 Jun 2006
649 Posts
Rowena and P.C
Addicted

PostWed Aug 30, 06 6:06 am     Reply with quote

after riding all of th 07 ss back to back it seamed like the guys who were sending the kite more liked the 147 sx(this is a bigger board than any of us ride now but it felt better). The guys with more wake style unhoked jumps liked the misfit 134.

pauls

Since 20 Jun 2005
562 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

PostWed Aug 30, 06 7:42 am     Reply with quote

pdxmonkeyboy wrote:

Where ever is quickest to get to after work from Vancouver with a bit of wind, so depending on how windy it is any spot i can get access to the river between the airport and Kalama. Usually I'm on my own, now and again someone else will show up. With the way the river eats boards and my novice kiter skills i don't feel like asking to borrow someones nice new board 5 minutes after meeting them - especially when I'm offering them the chance to try my '03 SX! (Wyo kiter excepted - thanks Brian) Anyways the price on the Drops was very fair so i bought it, now i can only blame myself for way i ride!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: