Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

For all those who couldn't make it to the coast...
Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
dkite

Since 21 May 2006
14 Posts

PostMon Aug 14, 06 9:27 pm     Reply with quote

Where did you get the second JPG on the pressures? Is that from IWindsurf? Just trying to see where everyone gets there forecast info.

skydiveblake

Since 28 Jun 2006
63 Posts
San Diego

PostTue Aug 15, 06 7:39 am     Reply with quote

Protection of Children

We have analyzed this rule under Executive Order 13045, Protection
of Children from Environmental Health Risks and Safety Risks. This rule
is not an economically significant rule and does not create an
environmental risk to health or risk to safety that may
disproportionately affect children.

I think you guys will be okay.

pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Aug 15, 06 10:05 am     Reply with quote

i can imagine there was much gnashing of teeth and bad-mouthing hippie kiters amongst the NCO's as they waited for you guys to kite through.

while it is a pre-cautionary measure it is not without precedent. if you run enough guys through a range sooner or later someone will goof and fire his weapon at 45 degrees.

i agree it would be nice if those guys posted the info at the beach heads. on the other hand, kiters are something new for them to deal with. aside from kiters, can you name any other watercraft that travels for miles hugging the shore (and has a strong tendency to travel in only one direction).

if i was one of you sunset regulars i would investigate a bit, find the unit involved and talk to their community liason. i'd bet they would happy to give some notice so you can kite elsewhere when they run their range (which probably isn't more then one weekend a month). it is probably posted somewhere on the internet....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: