Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Bridge of the Gods Results
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
G.Reed

Since 30 Jul 2006
51 Posts

PostMon Aug 07, 06 8:07 pm    Bridge of the Gods Results Reply with quote

Here's the official results of the Bridge of the Gods Festival - 2006.

Thanks to everyone for the help, positive vibes, and throwing it down on the water. What's the word on our only known injury - Tucker?

BEST OVERALL
MENS
1. Ben Chambers
2. Brian Wheeler
3. Brad Whitting

WOMENS
1. Laura Maher
2. Karen Bureker
3. Shannon Gormely

JUNIORS
1. Reed Brady
2. Eddie Hal
3. Josh Brady

MASTERS
1. Tony Bolstad
2. Ken Lucas
3. Tom Sapere

KITELOOP
MENS
1. Brian Wheeler- most technical
2. Ben Chambers- most technical
3. Josh Solbach- biggest

Womens
1. Laura Maher

JUNIORS
1. Reed Brady

MASTERS
1. Tony Bolstad

BIG AIR/BIGGEST DEADMAN BONUS
MENS
1. Brad Whitting- biggest air
2. Ben Chambers- biggest deadman

WOMENS
1. Laura Maher- biggest air
2. Karen Bureker- biggest deadwoman

JUNIORS
1. Reed Brady- biggest air
2. Eddie Hal- biggest deadman

MASTERS
1. Tony Bolstad- biggest air
2. Ken Lucas- biggest deadman

BEST TRICK
MENS
1. Dylan Thompson
2. Paul Shommer
3. Eric Rienstra

WOMENS
1. Laura Maher
2. Karen Bureker

JUNIORS
1. Reed Brady
2. Josh Brady

MASTERS
1. TONY BOLSTAD

BEST WIPEOUT
Eric Rienstra

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Aug 08, 06 6:25 am     Reply with quote

Thanks G! Big congrats to all the winners!

Hey does anyone know what the Best Tricks were? I didn't see the finals for that...

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostTue Aug 08, 06 6:58 am    The Brady bunch Reply with quote

Way to go Josh,Reed ,
what a couple of great kids, parents and friends

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostTue Aug 08, 06 9:38 am     Reply with quote

The comp was fun, and went well.

But all i have to say is YALL GOT IT TWISTED with the results.

You might just say im saying all this cause these 2 ppl are my homies but

Eddie Hall was clearly a better rider in the Junior category then either of the brady kids, not saying that they dont shred, but Eddie does shred harder.

And best overall rider? uhhhhh I was shocked that Dylan didnt win this category, he was throwing the biggest harderst tricks out there.

But I guess those categories were voted on by the riders, so cmon people!!!!!!!!!

But it was definately a fun day!

Congrats to all the winners as well.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Aug 08, 06 9:46 am     Reply with quote

So Ian you should know - What trick did Dylan throw that one him 1st in best trick?

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostTue Aug 08, 06 10:58 am     Reply with quote

Ian,

Lesson here... Look at the top three overall mens riders... Probably three of the nicest guys in the Gorge, and they are all very very good riders... Sometimes you guys at Inept can be a little too gangster for your own good, and this was a fun event where attitude counted...

Dyan does pretty much rule in terms of throwing the most technical tricks around, and he was rightly rewarded by the judges in the event that he should have, and did, win...

Not sure what happened with Eddie, but man after watching him ride for an extended period that kid has my respect. He threw some crazy twisted up high aerial passes that made my shoulders cringe.

Jon

Best trick had to be that super high blind judge spinny thing that had me dizzy just watching from the boat.

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Aug 08, 06 2:53 pm     Reply with quote

bambam wrote:
Ian,
Lesson here... Look at the top three overall mens riders... Probably three of the nicest guys in the Gorge, and they are all very very good riders...

Sometimes you guys at Inept can be a little too gangster for your own good, and this was a fun event where attitude counted...

Are you suggesting the judges had a category for the rider's "niceness"!?!?! Is this as new category?!?

I don't recalled seeing a category like this when I was a judge 03(?) for the King of the Gorge...

WTF?!?!

One question... Where does “respect for diversity” fit into that statement, or is there no room for that in uber-PC land??????????

Ian, walk your own path and KEEP Charging!!!

JP

Last edited by J.P. on Tue Aug 08, 06 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostTue Aug 08, 06 3:26 pm     Reply with quote

Dylan was doing 313's and blind judges in best trick, he also landed a double sbend to blind.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Aug 08, 06 3:46 pm     Reply with quote

Inept_Fun wrote:
he also landed a double sbend to blind.

sic!

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostTue Aug 08, 06 6:57 pm     Reply with quote

Yes John there was a "niceness" element incorporated into the overall expression session. More commonly known as "respect from your fellow riders"...

Dylan got his fair result in the judged event... He was far and beyond the most technical rider there and has my full respect for that. You just love to get on your computer and try to stir stuff man...

kiteboard117

Since 02 Mar 2005
450 Posts
PDX
McLovin

PostTue Aug 08, 06 7:00 pm     Reply with quote

now i want to know how i didnt manage to score biggest wipout. i was poorly compesated for my time in the ER Laughing

lb

Since 08 Aug 2006
31 Posts
Floras Lake

PostTue Aug 08, 06 8:33 pm     Reply with quote

Hey all,

Thanks once more to Renee, Gary, photogs and all responsible for putting on such a great festival. Was meant to be all about fun and that's what Reed and Josh had, that's for sure. First event of any kind for both and was really fun for them to kite with and watch other kids their age ~ there are no other kids even close to their age into it here on the coast. This was a great way to expose them to some others obsessed with kb just as much as they are....

Thanks again,

Liz Brady

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Aug 08, 06 8:39 pm     Reply with quote

bambam wrote:
Yes John there was a "niceness" element incorporated into the overall expression session. More commonly known as "respect from your fellow riders"...

Dylan got his fair result in the judged event... He was far and beyond the most technical rider there and has my full respect for that. You just love to get on your computer and try to stir stuff man...

Me?!?! I would never do that Smile
BTW my comments are not in regards to who won, just the categories they were judged upon.

Please, let’s not get off on a tangent. The only comment off interest to me is yours to Ian…

As we both know, I wasn't there, the coast was firing, however having been a judge in the past on the river’s king of the Gorge and up at Crystal Mt for the Big Mt. Free ride contest, I've never seen "niceness" as a category to score.

What were the other categories that were judge?

Technical difficulty
Technique
Amplitude
Power
Flow

**and**

Niceness?!?

Couple of questions,

1) How is that scored?!?

2) If the contestant entering isn’t ‘nice’ shouldn’t they be made aware that their chances to win are null? That would be the uber-PC thing to do by the festival committee, correct?!?

LOL Razz

Jp

Ps. Sorry bammer I could resist! Props to all that participated!

Last edited by J.P. on Tue Aug 08, 06 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostTue Aug 08, 06 9:07 pm     Reply with quote

John,

Ahhh, that's what I luv about ya man... Likes to create some confrontation, but a friendly teddy bear underneath it all.

Ian,

My apologies, I did not mean to dis you on the gansta thang... You guys at Inept gotta cool thing going, just becareful with over doing the steeze if you wanna market your product to the masses and get rich.

Liz,

Your boys rip... Keep putting whatever your putting in their Wheaties, and it was a pleasure to watch the next generation of rippers being showcased by all the groms in the juniors...

Kite on, Jon

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Aug 08, 06 9:30 pm     Reply with quote

bambam wrote:
John,

Ahhh, that's what I luv about ya man... Likes to create some confrontation, but a friendly teddy bear underneath it all.

great the secrets out. Smile

warm regards,

jp

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostTue Aug 08, 06 9:39 pm     Reply with quote

We at inept films arent trying to appeal to other kiters, we are just trying to make other kiters see what we think is missing from the sport. A lot of what is missing is STYLE and CONSEQUENCE. We are just doing our own thing, wheter other kiters like it our not. The end of august is going to be big things for us at inept, be sure to keep up to date.

What we are doing is getting us known by the big name wakestyle pros, you will be sure to start seeing our names in more places then just around the gorge.

INEPT BIATCH!!!!!!

Rollo Tomasi

Since 17 Mar 2005
983 Posts

Attractive

PostTue Aug 08, 06 11:25 pm     Reply with quote

lb wrote:
Hey all,

Thanks once more to Renee, Gary, photogs and all responsible for putting on such a great festival. Was meant to be all about fun and that's what Reed and Josh had, that's for sure. First event of any kind for both and was really fun for them to kite with and watch other kids their age ~ there are no other kids even close to their age into it here on the coast. This was a great way to expose them to some others obsessed with kb just as much as they are....

Thanks again,

Liz Brady

Liz and Will,

Thanks for coming out to the Gorge. It was nice to see you guys again. Many here have much respect for what you guys are all about and your contribution to Oregon's wind sports.

Reed and Josh are good kids and athletes and a reflection of their parents/environment.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: