Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

SS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
parlophone

Since 07 Aug 2006
14 Posts

PostMon Aug 07, 06 1:34 am    SS Reply with quote

hi y'all,
just a question, 've been ridin' fuels for three years now and I'm having a bit of a problem buying my new material this year...
I have a SS TD 12 for waveriding and use my fuels and diesels for wakestyle trick, problem: the gap between my 9 fuel and the 12 TD is too big, should I buy link or fuel?
link looks good for waveriding, but is it good for wakestyle? for that fuel is better, but not for waves... problem...
thanx for your answers!

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Aug 07, 06 6:34 am     Reply with quote

I'm suprised you say the gap between your 12 TD and your 9m is too big, I have seen small guys riding 12 TD's in 9m wind.

Mocean

Since 21 Sep 2005
343 Posts
Newport
Obsessed

PostMon Aug 07, 06 7:35 am     Reply with quote

I love my Fuels in the surf - I tried a Link 12 yesterday, and my initial impression was that it felt a bit heavy, with more bar pressure than the fuels. It was in 4-line mode, so it could be that with a 5-line setup would lessen the bar pressure. To me, the 06 Fuels deliver everything you'd want for waveriding: Lots of range, depower using the 5th line sheeting, fast turning, power in the bottom turn when you want it, manageable unhooked riding, and solid durability.

trevorsmith

Since 25 Apr 2005
501 Posts
PDX
Addicted

PostMon Aug 07, 06 8:16 am     Reply with quote

For me, I like riding my Fuels for the larger kites, and do a bow kite for the higher wind. Fuel: 13m, and 9m and want to get a bow for a 7m
I currently use a 7m 05 diesel but don't like it compared to a 7M bow.
Just my 2 cents

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostMon Aug 07, 06 8:21 am     Reply with quote

I have riden the link and it is a solid bow kite, to me the bar pressure didnt feel heavy, and with the stopper ball it isnt a large factr anyways. I do like my fuels more than the Link for wakestyle, BUT people say that on Bow kites the timing for wakestyle tricks is a little bit different. So you may like the way a bow feels for that stuff after you get used to it. In the end tho, im sticking with my fuels!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kiteboard117

Since 02 Mar 2005
450 Posts
PDX
McLovin

PostMon Aug 07, 06 10:02 am     Reply with quote

the 12 should easliy cover down to your 9 but if your not really used to the way they fly it will feel kinda weird. its pretty hard to make a bow kite fit into a quiver of C kites. to really enjoy the benifits of a bow kite you have to ride all bow kites all the time. you have to ajust everything when you swich from Cs to bows. if i were you i would sell all my kites and buy into entirly one type of kite. also waiting another month or so will give you a lot more options.

parlophone

Since 07 Aug 2006
14 Posts

PostTue Aug 08, 06 6:46 am     Reply with quote

thanx for the info guys! (about the gap between TD 12 and 9m; the 9 meter is a regular diesel-kite and I can go with the TD until 18-19 kts and just take the 9 m from 20-21 kts, so there is a moment without kites there;....) but thanx for your info anywayz...!!

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Aug 08, 06 7:04 am     Reply with quote

kiteboard117 wrote:
the 12 should easliy cover down to your 9 but if your not really used to the way they fly it will feel kinda weird. its pretty hard to make a bow kite fit into a quiver of C kites.

Huh?!?

I found it to be very easy. I ride a 16 octane (for sale) and 9 & 7 waroo.
Nice overlap and a wind range of 12-40 on three kites with 2 boards.

jp

kiteboard117

Since 02 Mar 2005
450 Posts
PDX
McLovin

PostTue Aug 08, 06 9:01 am     Reply with quote

waroos arent bows they are hybrids (no pulley bar, no swept wing, no large bridle) turbo deisels are about as bow-y as you can get and they fly very differiently.

shredjim

Since 07 Jun 2006
186 Posts

Stoked

PostTue Aug 08, 06 9:06 am    Re: SS Reply with quote

parlophone wrote:
hi y'all, problem: the gap between my 9 fuel and the 12 TD is too big, should I buy link or fuel?
I have the solution - get a Fuel 11. I have a 2005 in great shape for sale. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: