Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

NEED fuckin 5.0 now(watch yer car Pete)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostFri Aug 04, 06 6:52 am    NEED fuckin 5.0 now(watch yer car Pete) Reply with quote

I will throw a rant
fucking wind (40+)this is the real problem
Gorge fags on OCTANES one idiot was swinging a ten like he was under-powered (totally gay)
eating our lunch ,
Eck laughing at us (not unusual)
Awesome swell (shiii)
P.J.C. the new rula (when he shows on his 5.0) he makes it look fun
I'm very glad these guys are my pals
cause it would have hurt my feelings otherwise,
ok now the rant
What the fuck is Best thinking no small kites being produced in the summer
WTF

Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostFri Aug 04, 06 6:58 am     Reply with quote

lol, at first i thought it was a "kiddie kite"...but not after being lit up on a 6m Wink
luckily my 3m wasp is a great water kite in 40+ winds Very Happy

gabe

Since 16 May 2005
475 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Aug 04, 06 8:10 am    Re: NEED fuckin 5.0 now(watch yer car Pete) Reply with quote

pretty sure they are available, just need to call around to more shops.

blowhard wrote:
I will throw a rant
fucking wind (40+)this is the real problem
Gorge fags on OCTANES one idiot was swinging a ten like he was under-powered (totally gay)
eating our lunch ,
Eck laughing at us (not unusual)
Awesome swell (shiii)
P.J.C. the new rula (when he shows on his 5.0) he makes it look fun
I'm very glad these guys are my pals
cause it would have hurt my feelings otherwise,
ok now the rant
What the fuck is Best thinking no small kites being produced in the summer
WTF

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostFri Aug 04, 06 8:41 am    suggest Reply with quote

thanks,
have a shop in mind?

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostFri Aug 04, 06 9:24 am    am ordering now Reply with quote

5.0 on the way from TIMBUKTU
(Fl.)

Mocean

Since 21 Sep 2005
343 Posts
Newport
Obsessed

PostFri Aug 04, 06 10:08 am     Reply with quote

You can always drive up to Newport for 30 knots, instead of 40+. An 8-meter Octane is the smallest kite I've needed all summer!

Steve

pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Aug 04, 06 10:09 am     Reply with quote

you will love it when you get it. 5m waroo is a great value. just be carefull your first launch start with the back knots and even then you might need more slack (tie an extra set of back knots with Q line). if yoy have too much back slack you can bring it down and retie right away but if you oversheet it will beat you on launch (like it did me).

best is totally clueless with their marketing of the little kites. that sq guy still thinks the 9m is the littlest kite a normal weight guy with skills would need (??!!). they think the 7m can depower down to a 5m. this might be true but the kite gets kind of unstable. never had one invert but who wants to gamble when it is gusting past 35.

i think best totally created the 5m by accident. aiming for the lightweight/women/kid market and hit the high wind/gusty/waves market.

see you tommorrow maybe...

ps - if you steal my kite i will steal your board

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Aug 04, 06 10:23 am     Reply with quote

pjc - I don't think SQ or the guys in Brazil get as strong of wind as we do... SQ used to claim holding onto his 13m fuel until 30 knots when he rep'd for Slingshot, I'd call BS on that too! Better make local John B their highwind R&D guy. Very Happy

Jim Bison says the 9m Waroo has the range of 8m-11m C kite, which seems about right to me... maybe even more low end than that though 8m-12m... The 7m Waroo is like a 6m-10m I think.

I rode the 9m for the first time in waves last night, it was fun but the smaller 7m Waroo is a lot more fun, just quicker to get it to where I want it to be and easier to depower it when I want, easier to steer with one hand and all of that.

I like the 9m in flat water for tricks and hangtime, and the 7m in the waves and for going big. I think next time I will just go underpowered on the 7m rather than do the 9... just doing downwinders anyway you know.

5m would be fun but a total luxury I think, but it seems like you south coast guys get more nukers than the Gorge does even so maybe it makes more sense. Very Happy

gabe

Since 16 May 2005
475 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Aug 04, 06 10:42 am     Reply with quote

the 5er is amazing!

all the benefits you see of going from 9 -> 7 also are true from 7 -> 5.

pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Aug 04, 06 10:57 am     Reply with quote

i am not slamming best (sorry john B if you are reading). i love my waroos and 5-9 is a great collection (for where i ride) for a great price (all fly off one bar).

accident or not the 5W works great. it is really fun when a 7m C would be perfect and still fun when a 7m C is too much.

(maybe us south coast guys are a bunch of high wind kooks - i though the gorge nukes as well but maybe not so much. Q : what do you call snot streaming back to your ear? A : a high wind grin)

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostFri Aug 04, 06 4:29 pm    for sure Reply with quote

they should just market them as a size larger ,
NOT COMPLAINING I love the smallest kites ,but my 7.0 has as much power as my old Naish 10.0 with a tenfold increase in range buuut still too much ,
I think 7.0 I think small kite No?

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostFri Aug 04, 06 9:06 pm     Reply with quote

5's just came in today at New Wind, get yours while its still there!

2nd Wind might have some 5 links as well.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: