Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Where did everyone kite today?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Rico

Since 13 Mar 2005
1219 Posts
Vancouver
Photographer

PostSat May 28, 05 7:53 pm    Where did everyone kite today? Reply with quote

I was at the spit on a 7.5 fully powered, but did not see any of the usual gang. Did people head east?

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostSun May 29, 05 3:16 pm     Reply with quote

I took the day off (from sailing) and stripped wall paper all day. Didn't mind too much though as I went 5 for 5 last week.

Mon: North @ SI 20M
Tues: NW @ South Jetty 16M
Wed: East @ Lot D 20M
Thur: East @ Lot D 8M (steadiest 8M I've ever had)
Fri: SW @ Seaside --> Delray 20M

Sweet summer shizzle!

Ian

PostSun May 29, 05 3:24 pm     Reply with quote

I was riding down there on a 7.0 it was fun. Some of the crew was down there when did you go out?

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSun May 29, 05 5:15 pm     Reply with quote

If you don't see your crew, your in the wrong spot! Wink

I think I had my best Rufus sessions ever today... First on 9m, second on 7m... both times were good for those sizes. Both times did the downwinder through the ponds, super fun.

Tomorrow looks a little lighter, thank god! This is fun but I don't know how much more my body can take!

PostSun May 29, 05 10:11 pm     Reply with quote

Do u think the kite spit in hood river will settle down and allow a beginner to fly a 12m? If so what time do u recommend?
Mark

mit_noslrac

Since 17 May 2005
108 Posts
Bend Oregon
Stoked

PostMon May 30, 05 6:21 am    Was Rufus crowded? Reply with quote

Hey PKH,

Was Rufus crowded yesterday it looked like one of the only good spots? Kite Karl and I were on the coast all weekend, light wind but fun!

Thurs- 4:00 Area D 20m missed it, two guys came walking buy with 9m and said it was good earlier.

Fri- All day Manhattan Beach 15-20m down winders.

Sat- Nehalem Bay 10:00 15m got a good 1.5 hr in then the wind died but that place is fun. (Steve you missed it)

Sun- Back to work

Tim

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon May 30, 05 7:11 am     Reply with quote

Mark - Not a very newbie friendly weekend, especially at the sandbar. Maybe go down there with a surfboard and a trainer kite... other than that you could head far east or to the coast wheer winds are lighter.

Tim - Rufus wasn't too crowded... there were a lot of people there, but it was blowing all day so people were out on the water at all different times. Also if you went way upwind there was nobody, dodging poleboarders was interesting though.

I will have to keep an eye on the coast... bummed I still haven't been out there yet this season.

PostMon May 30, 05 10:48 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for the help Smile how about Sauvie this afternoon?

PostMon May 30, 05 9:57 pm     Reply with quote

PostTue May 31, 05 1:56 am     Reply with quote

haahahhahahahahaahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Twisted Evil

PostTue May 31, 05 10:43 am     Reply with quote

Quote:

Tim - Rufus wasn't too crowded... there were a lot of people there, but it was blowing all day so people were out on the water at all different times. Also if you went way upwind there was nobody, dodging poleboarders was interesting though.

Sunday & Monday at Rufus was some of the SICist 9m R5 riding I've had in some time.

Nothing but altitude SICness if you wanted it!!!
If that wasn't your 'bag' head high glassy swell was up for grabs at the wall and shockingly, the whole stretch was was never crowded!

cheers,

JP

PostTue May 31, 05 11:24 am     Reply with quote

Thats a great pic. thanks for sharing.
Mark

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: