Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Board repair advice and mystery photographer at Rufus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
genek

Since 21 Jul 2006
2165 Posts
East Po
KGB

PostMon Jul 31, 06 2:51 pm    Board repair advice and mystery photographer at Rufus Reply with quote

Anyone have advice out there on repairing a small delaminating section on the toeside edge of my board? Mainly I was wondering what epoxy to use, and how to hold the edge together tightly while it cures.

Any tips are much appreciated.

Also, does anyone know who was taking pictures yesterday (Sunday) at Rufus at the point? In that crazy wind we were throwing some sweet jumps. It'd be great to see some of those pics.

-Gene

PS The Octane 12m is a ridiculous kite. I never thought I could jump so high until I rode it this weekend.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Jul 31, 06 3:02 pm     Reply with quote

Henry was the photographer, he will probably post the pics soon... sweet moves Gene you had a few huge floaters and some sweet kiteloops. The fact that you were holding onto that 12m Octane is a testament to the kite for sure... At times I was totally lit on my 7m... it was windy!

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostMon Jul 31, 06 3:56 pm     Reply with quote

Any waterproof epoxy should work... I'd just look for one with the highest tensile strength (rated in PSI - should be some upwards of 2000 psi). Had to repair my '03 SX 136 back in the day and it worked just fine.

While it set/cured I kept it sandwiched between two thin boards with a towel to pad, and C-clamps to "squeeze".

Rico

Since 13 Mar 2005
1219 Posts
Vancouver
Photographer

PostMon Jul 31, 06 4:29 pm    PICS Reply with quote

PICS

Genek
 Genek  12mslingshot.jpg 
When a camera comes along; just loop it good?
 When a camera comes along; just loop it good?  Crazy_KIter.jpg 
Again
 Again  DSC_0150.jpg 
Another one
 Another one  DSC_0233.jpg 
And Again
 And Again  DSC_0037.jpg 
Kung Fu Board Off
 Kung Fu Board Off  DSC_0274.jpg 

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Jul 31, 06 6:41 pm     Reply with quote

Haha that board off one is classic... nice shots Henry! I gotta get some of those full-res...

Kodiak

Since 01 Aug 2005
1114 Posts

Slidey

PostMon Jul 31, 06 8:31 pm     Reply with quote

Nice Pics Henry. Too bad you didn't get any of that crazy kiter stuck in the bushes Embarassed

Gene-
You were throwing down some really stylish grabs and big air. I was really impressed with some of the recoveries you had. Just as it looked like you were going to crash hard you would loop the kite and pop right back up Thumb's Up

genek

Since 21 Jul 2006
2165 Posts
East Po
KGB

PostTue Aug 01, 06 12:43 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the photos Henry. I had a blast riding. If there's an easy way for me to get my hands on the high res versions (especially if you have some more pics) I'd love to have 'em. Maybe something like AIM could work to send a folder with the pics.

Kodiak wrote:
Nice Pics Henry. Too bad you didn't get any of that crazy kiter stuck in the bushes Embarassed

Is that where he went??? Wink I was a bit worried when he disappeared off the water all of a sudden, but he came back in style as you can see by the board-off move. Awesome picture! I want some tips on throwing that sweet move. Are you using some fishing line (which can't be seen in the pic) to pull the board back under your feet? Not that I'm doing much better with my streamlined facial expression in the next pic Shocked . I guess it helps me fly further on those fast moves.

Kodiak wrote:

Gene-
You were throwing down some really stylish grabs and big air. I was really impressed with some of the recoveries you had. Just as it looked like you were going to crash hard you would loop the kite and pop right back up Thumb's Up

Thanks man. Ideally I wouldn't have been close to wiping out in the first place, but I guess this is the next best thing. Unless they give out bonus points for last minute saves, do they? Riding in those conditions for 3 hours definitely has it's toll on your body and makes you a bit sloppy. Speaking of which, I wonder if Henry got a picture of that powered back loop kite loop when I came down too hard and wiped out, 'cause I definitely still have a mental image of finishing the back loop, looking down, and realizing what was about to happen.

Anyway, great riding with you Phil and the other guys out there. It was fun watching everyone get PLUS sized airs. And, thanks to Henry and crew for the support from land. Let's hope for some equally strong, but steadier wind in the near future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: