Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Wind

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Kodiak

Since 01 Aug 2005
1114 Posts

Slidey

PostSat Jul 29, 06 7:55 am    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Wind Reply with quote

Gonna be a tasty day in the Gorge Cool

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostSat Jul 29, 06 8:07 am     Reply with quote

SWEET! Tucker and I (maybe Nate too - haven't talked to him) are going to be heading out there somewhere, just don't know where yet!

Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostSat Jul 29, 06 8:22 am     Reply with quote

what kinda of sacrifice do the wind gods prefer?
yesterday:
i was impatient and franticly trying to get out there as fast as i could,....dammit i got a crossed line,....more time....riding....SNAPOW!!, i broke a center line....swimming.....more time....riding.....KA-BOOM, blown out the LE...swim back....more time....swimming....pack up and watch. Crying or Very sad

Kodiak

Since 01 Aug 2005
1114 Posts

Slidey

PostSat Jul 29, 06 8:28 am     Reply with quote

Bummer man. I had a decent session at Rufus yesterday evening, but I was glad I had the flat kite. Since it was so gusty.

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostSat Jul 29, 06 9:52 am     Reply with quote

I tested out the new link up at stevensburg yesterday, got a funky gust on a transition and the kite luffed, then BAM next thing i know the kite is launced downwind of me and my hands were definately feelin it. Thanks for riden me in kish, and brian for trying to grab my kite, sorry that kinda ruined ur sesh! Hope you got those lines untangled ok!

Btw the link felt really good, it was my first time on a bow kite and definately would wanna ride one in some good surf. Still wanna stick to my C's for wakestyle stuff tho!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostSun Jul 30, 06 11:17 pm     Reply with quote

should have been at Roosevelt... 7m roo Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

oh, Gabe & i down winded 13 miles this morning to Lorek island (WA side, 1 mile up wind of 3 mile canyon).

bliss!!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Wind!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

jp

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Jul 31, 06 6:18 am     Reply with quote

fun weekend! Too bad this kook kept following me around... he'd do stupid stuff like fly his kite straight up at neutral on a rocky beach, or land it in the bushes, or go under high tension power lines... whatta kook! Wink

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostMon Jul 31, 06 7:38 am     Reply with quote

Maryhill was sweet indeed. Launching and landing was a bit of a drag at times but it was soooo nice out there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: