Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Kiting After Total Hip Replacement Surgery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
vegitamin

Since 23 Jun 2006
2 Posts
Hood River, OR

PostThu Jul 27, 06 1:10 pm    Kiting After Total Hip Replacement Surgery Reply with quote

I've postponed it for over 10 years and it's about time but I would like to speak with someone that's recently been through the surgery to see how it affected their life. Anyone know another kiter that has had total hip replacement that I could speak with?

Thanks,

Stephen

dangler

Since 26 Feb 2006
1744 Posts
WINDY SPOTS
XTreme Poster

PostThu Jul 27, 06 1:34 pm     Reply with quote

theres a guy I used to kite with in Stevenson that had his hip replaced. He kited alot and told me it didnt give him any problems, but he was a pretty mellow kiter, no tricks or jumping. I cant remember his name, it should come to me (after I'm done with chemo I hope my brain starts to work again) I'll pm you with his name if I can dig it up. I've got it somewhere. last year I traded a kite to him for a BMW. Best deal ever! Cheers and good luck if you go ahead with it.

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostThu Jul 27, 06 1:38 pm     Reply with quote

My buddy Matt had both hips replaced year and half ago and he is a ripping pole smoker - pole boarder. Recently surfing double overhead with his new titanium hips - very impressive. I'll PM you his info.

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostThu Jul 27, 06 2:09 pm     Reply with quote

Titanium hips! That sounds sooo bionic man. I hope the surgery goes well!!

Kraemer

Since 24 Apr 2006
1735 Posts
Sky Pilot
Unicorn Captain

PostThu Jul 27, 06 9:49 pm     Reply with quote

Vegamin & Matt!!! Incredible and necessary.-- I mean the kiting!AWESOM3! Gman your buddy is like no other. After a major surgery like that-- most people don't ever want to 'push it' again. V- Don't let surgerys get you down. Take the high road. P.T. and Kiting will bring you back.

jahmbi

Since 28 Jul 2005
622 Posts
MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN
River Troll

PostThu Jul 27, 06 11:09 pm    Re: Kiting After Total Hip Replacement Surgery Reply with quote

vegitamin wrote:
I've postponed it for over 10 years and it's about time but I would like to speak with someone that's recently been through the surgery to see how it affected their life. Anyone know another kiter that has had total hip replacement that I could speak with?

Thanks,

Stephen
actually , i have had my leg basically torn off..lower ..from knee down..DR. Allen Whitney... from COOS BAY put me back together...if you ever meet me you will sea...doctors do amazeing things.....yes, my life is not what it could be but @ least i can kiteboard.... and i am very thankful for what i do have and for the ability to do the things i enjoy now in my life ....dont let your thoughts get the best of you ...always have a POSSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE...Troll...

tonski

Since 11 Jun 2005
332 Posts
NW Portland
Obsessed

PostFri Jul 28, 06 7:12 am     Reply with quote

River troll - was it a shark attack? Surprised

vegitamin

Since 23 Jun 2006
2 Posts
Hood River, OR

PostFri Jul 28, 06 10:09 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouragement and the contact Gman. Dangler, good luck with the chemo. After gritting my teeth from the pain for the past 10 years it will probably be the best thing I ever did.

wallyworld

Since 28 Jul 2006
1 Posts
Tacoma, WA

PostFri Jul 28, 06 1:51 pm     Reply with quote

vegitamin,

I am in the beginning stages of my kiting life and had a total hip replacement last December. Kiting before surgery was limited and I could only kite one day on and two off to recuperate. Post surgery I have no pain. Surgery was the best thing I ever did. I still need to strengthen the replaced leg. Get it done you will not be sorry. Feel free to pm if you have any specifics!

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostSun Jul 30, 06 9:55 am    he was Reply with quote

caught in a trap and had to chew his way out Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: