Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

More OT: Illegal Foods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Jul 26, 06 3:42 pm    More OT: Illegal Foods Reply with quote

Oh boy I can't go out and kite because I got to work tonight... server migration crap dontcha know. Anyhoo, thought this was interesting, a list of illegal foods:

http://www.gridskipper.com/travel/los-angeles/bad-boys-bad-boys-watcha-gonna-eat-189688.php

Mellified Man sounds like it takes the cake:

Quote:
Mellified Man: Mellified Man was a manmade dish popular in ancient Arabia. According to Mary Roach, author of Stiff, men 70-80 years old, on death’s doorstep anyway, would cease to eat food, instead partaking solely of honey. Pretty soon, they would be mellified, that is, “he excretes honey (the urine and feces are entirely honey).” Soon he dies and is placed in a honey-filled coffin which is then sealed for 100 years. At the end of the 100 years, the goop is eaten up.

KiteKarl

Since 02 Mar 2005
213 Posts
Stockton, California
Stoked

PostThu Jul 27, 06 7:32 am     Reply with quote

Laughing Honey, I'm home!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: