Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

The Kiteboarder July/Aug 06 PDF Now Online

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
marina c

Since 03 Apr 2006
318 Posts
California/Gorge Summer
Obsessed

PostTue Jul 25, 06 4:23 pm    The Kiteboarder July/Aug 06 PDF Now Online Reply with quote

This issue, The Kiteboarder Magazine interviewed 13 companies about their SLE/Bow Kites.
Find out what went into their development, how they differ from their competitors, tips on getting the most out of your new kite, and what’s coming down the line.

OTHER FEATURES:

~North’s Ken Winner explains his design philosophy and talks about current design trends.

~Photographer and pro rider Richard Boudia shares his home away from home with us, Lanzarote.

~Discover Old San Juan, Puerto Rico with Julie Simsar.

~Grab Glossary: Was that a Nuclear or Roast Beef? Learn the lingo and style!

~Backwoods: Michigan, Vietnam

~Exposed: Amazing riding and lifestyle images from around the world

The Kiteboarder. The magazine that people like to read!

NEW URL: Please change any bookmarks you might have to www.thekiteboarder.com. The kbmag.com URL and email addresses will be taken down shortly....

NEXT ISSUE: Sept/Oct06 starts mailing August 25 and the online version is posted 3 weeks later.

North's Mallory de la Villemarque in Egypt. Lens Christian Madera
 North's Mallory de la Villemarque in Egypt. Lens Christian Madera  July.Aug06..jpg 

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostTue Jul 25, 06 6:05 pm     Reply with quote

YES! I was looking for a good way to lock up my computer!!

Post edited as I am no longer pissed off about locking up my computer and loosing over an hour of work related graphics.

Smile

Last edited by pdxmonkeyboy on Wed Jul 26, 06 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

marina c

Since 03 Apr 2006
318 Posts
California/Gorge Summer
Obsessed

PostWed Jul 26, 06 6:09 am     Reply with quote

I think you have The Kiteboarder mixed up with one of our competitors...

-low ad to editorial ratio and we're going to keep it that way
-calls outs for all instructional in 'progression'. we normally run a beg/int and advanced trick so all riding levels can benefit
-brand new beginner's guide printed in last issue featuring latest teaching styles/tips in current gear
-travel features included michigan and puerto rico. Exotic locations were vietnam and lanzarote
-close up profiles pros, locals and up and comers

I'd be happy to send you a mag if you'd like to take a look at the real thing. Online version is not for everybody but 39,000 people plus do download it per issue!

Have fun on the water:-)

Marina

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostWed Jul 26, 06 8:24 am     Reply with quote

Chill out Monkey Boy! If you don't like the FREE download, don't read it. Marina & Co work hard to put out their rag!

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the

PostWed Jul 26, 06 9:58 am     Reply with quote

ugggh, its going to be one of those days. Many will do well to right click and choose the save as option

tacksharp

Since 06 Dec 2005
91 Posts
The Hood
Photographer

PostWed Jul 26, 06 2:08 pm    Download Reply with quote

PDX:

I read your post and if the PDF is locking up your machine, please drop me a P.M. We've worked hard to create an interesting format that allows readers from all over the world to gain exposure to our magazine and kiteboarding. As Art Director, I've put in a lot of personal time to try and help raise the bar while also providing an easy and manageable file for viewers to access. We keep most downloads between 10 and 20 megs. The larger downloads feature hyperlinks and embedded video. Yes, for those people who would like to continue working while downloading, a simple 'right' click is advised. This is standard with most downloading of media files, movies, music, etc. Saving to your computer is recommended since it allows users to then read it at their leisure. If you or anyone has any input, recommendations or advice on the magazine - be it good or bad - please don't hesitate to drop me a message. We do work hard and our simple goal is to be the best kiteboarding magazine published. Thanks again for taking the time to post and check out the new issue! See ya on the water!

Jim

boardrider

Since 05 Apr 2006
1034 Posts
Ventura, CA
XTreme Poster

PostWed Jul 26, 06 4:06 pm     Reply with quote

My head is a little cloudy today, and I can not find these articles - where are they? I 'registered' and looked all over. I sure hope you guys have articles like 'pocket protector meets kiteboarding' - that stuff is da shit. -C

marina c

Since 03 Apr 2006
318 Posts
California/Gorge Summer
Obsessed

PostThu Jul 27, 06 10:59 am     Reply with quote

Boardrider - the current issue and all back issues can be found on the download page, once you pass through the gate. Don't worry, the email list is for our purpose only so you won't be getting more spam from drug companies or pen** enhancing devices:-)

PM if you're still having problems.

do you want to see an article on pocket protector meets kiteboarding? LOL

Marina

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the

PostThu Jul 27, 06 2:10 pm     Reply with quote

I need a pen enhancement device! My pen won't write on wet paper!

boardrider

Since 05 Apr 2006
1034 Posts
Ventura, CA
XTreme Poster

PostThu Jul 27, 06 5:47 pm     Reply with quote

And you though I was just joshin ya. I think Mags play a role in leading the direction of the sports they cover. The Mag this clip is from is not taking kiteboarding in the direction I would like to see it go.

ppmk.jpg 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: