Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Video: Lenten & Hadlow Going Off @ the Shipwreck on 7.17
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostThu Jul 20, 06 2:29 pm    Video: Lenten & Hadlow Going Off @ the Shipwreck on 7.17 Reply with quote

Hey Ya’ll, on Sunday evening I had just finished packing up from the third downwinder of the day when Ruben, Aaron & Nick got back on the water at Shipwreck for a sunset expression session. I grabbed my new video camera and a brewski and ran up to capture the madness…

The boys were a bit underpowered, but still were launching some wicked trick combos...

Here is the raw footage with some background music. I think it came out pretty good for no tripod. Just a few sections with no action and the sand between my feet…

I'm just learning to use the editing software so tips & feedback are welcome.

Google finally reviewed the video and posted it. So here it is: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7708537417564387874

Enjoy, Dano Cool

PS I’ll buy a beer for the first person who posts the identity of the hooded photographer in the video... Wink

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostThu Jul 20, 06 3:00 pm     Reply with quote

NICE!!!!

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostThu Jul 20, 06 3:05 pm     Reply with quote

SWEET shit Dano!!! Thumb's Up

Just out of curiousity what format is your cam (miniDV, etc.), and if so are you using Firewire (IEEE 1394) to upload, or just USB or something? Not a big deal, just wanna know how good of quality the raw, unrendered footage is.

Last edited by Kataku2k3 on Thu Jul 20, 06 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

wakeup

Since 11 Sep 2005
328 Posts
always
Obsessed

PostThu Jul 20, 06 3:08 pm     Reply with quote

world champs????
kinda boring Confused

tonski

Since 11 Jun 2005
332 Posts
NW Portland
Obsessed

PostThu Jul 20, 06 3:41 pm     Reply with quote

Kataka-doodle-do: We used a new Mini-DV canon cam and firewire to upload - It looks amazing on the HDTV at home, but not so great after uploading through Google. Any tips on keeping the res higher?

Nate

Since 19 Jun 2006
10 Posts
Seattle

PostThu Jul 20, 06 3:51 pm     Reply with quote

good stuff, thanks Very Happy

gabe

Since 16 May 2005
475 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Jul 20, 06 3:53 pm     Reply with quote

it was not boring live. videos and photos don't really do it justice. when you can see the kite looping, and the speed and height involved, it's pretty amazing. photos and videos are nice on their own terms, but, whether your opinion of their kiting is raised or lowered by it, there is just no substitute for watching someone kite right in front of you.

wakeup wrote:
world champs????
kinda boring Confused

mit_noslrac

Since 17 May 2005
108 Posts
Bend Oregon
Stoked

PostThu Jul 20, 06 4:06 pm    Nice Reply with quote

Thanks Onad!!!!

Makes a guy miss home

-T

Slidingby

Since 29 Mar 2006
125 Posts
Portland, OR
Stoked

PostThu Jul 20, 06 5:03 pm     Reply with quote

Noice Exclamation

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostThu Jul 20, 06 5:14 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Tonski!

As far as keeping the quality up, JP and I normally render anything we do (after being edited) to a ~1.5mb/sec, 400x300 resolution .WMV file, then upload to our school's server. These .wmv's work well in that they can stream decently (with a good internet connection - anything bigger than ~2mb/sec will likely lag though), they're pretty good quality, and don't take up a ton of space. Having not used GoogleVideo before I don't know how their system works, but my guess is that they have their own compression which messes things up. It'd be best to render out to something similar to what we do, then have Phil host the file on nwkite's server! Thumb's Up

And not to get off topic, but this is around the quality that you'll have from a digital upload rendered to those settings...

http://oregonstate.edu/~uyemuraa/MySpace/Media/Oneline.wmv

jbruxer

Since 24 Jul 2005
398 Posts
Beaverton, OR
Obsessed

PostThu Jul 20, 06 8:59 pm     Reply with quote

That is some awesome stuff! Very Happy You guys can seriously rip! Lets see some more! Wink

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Jul 21, 06 7:39 am     Reply with quote

Sweet vid!

I am cool hosting vids on nwkite.com, it just becomes a logistics issue of how to upload it... if you can give me a CD on the beach or something then I can upload it myself.

tonski

Since 11 Jun 2005
332 Posts
NW Portland
Obsessed

PostFri Jul 21, 06 10:18 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for the great tips Kataku - you are right! Your vid looks 10x better - we'll keep workin' on it.

PS - what's the 2k3 - high school/ college grad date? Boy I feel old! Wink

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jul 21, 06 10:35 am     Reply with quote

Yah, thanks a lot for the info K23. I’ll be in touch to get some tips after I do some more reading & check my settings. Time to go coastal!! ~Dano

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostFri Jul 21, 06 7:22 pm     Reply with quote

haha, I actually just made/named it back in 2003 (had a Kataku2k2 before that - the year JP and I made up Kataku Productions). H.S. was done in '02 though! Wink

Kodiak

Since 01 Aug 2005
1114 Posts

Slidey

PostFri Jul 21, 06 10:01 pm     Reply with quote

Sweet fotage Dan, wish I could have seen it in person. I would love to see what they are doing with the kite while they throw all those sick moves.

Rollo Tomasi

Since 17 Mar 2005
983 Posts

Attractive

PostSat Jul 22, 06 3:27 am    NICE Reply with quote

Great job Alexander Prod Team!! Thumb's Up I know a great vid like yours doesn't come about without the producer and CFO's help. Len10 and Hadlow are pretty awesome... btw is that a hooded Betty B in a Roxy hoodie?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: