Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Good learning spots on the North Oregon Coast?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
jonah

Since 20 Jul 2006
169 Posts
Hood River
Stoked

PostThu Jul 20, 06 9:13 am    Good learning spots on the North Oregon Coast? Reply with quote

Me and my friends are just starting to kiteboard. We'd like to find places on the Oregon Coast (preferrably North coast), that are good for learning:

-protected bay (no waves)?
-lots of sandy beach for easy launching
-waist deep water for a long stretch is critical (we can't get upwind yet)

Any recommendations? I've heard Floras lake is good, but that's too far South. We need something closer to Portland.

If you have any ideas please let me know name and (if possible) driving directions.

Thanks!
Jonah

Scribble

Since 18 Nov 2005
636 Posts
NoPo
Addicted

PostThu Jul 20, 06 5:55 pm     Reply with quote

The ocean is like a big huge bay right now. Watch the swell some days its next to nothing.

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostThu Jul 20, 06 7:18 pm     Reply with quote

I don't know the northern coast all that well, but the swell at Sunset has been super light lately (at least the last few weeks that I've been out there). There is that bay, up towards the northern end of Seaside, but I've yet to ride in there.

If you're ever on the central coast, Siletz Bay, Lincoln City is the place for flat, shallow water, and a huge area to ride (when the tide is up ~4ft+).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: