Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Boxer 07 = SLE
Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Jul 18, 06 8:03 am    Boxer 07 = SLE Reply with quote

Next up on the 2007 web site releases, the 07 Naish Boxer, now an SLE kite:

http://www.naishkites.com/boxer_sle/boxer_main.html

Ben Meyer wrote:
The 2007 Naish Boxer SLE site is now on-line! This is the first in a line of our mini-web sites that, believe me, are a wealth of information, tips, photos, and videos.

The Boxer SLE has drastically changed from the Boxer kites of the past as it is now an SLE kite. Built to be an "all-terrain kite" (ie not just for learning and not just for cruising), the Boxer SLE this year takes all that we have learned about building SLE kites and added some new kick-ass features and improved upon the performance, feeling, and overall quality.

With the new SLE Control Bar, you can also choose to use the kite as a 1:1 ratio (ie no pulleys) or as a 2:1 ratio (ie with pulleys). So if it is MAX depower you want, go 2:1, if it is super light bar pressure you want, go with 1:1...you choose.

It has not been an easy task collecting all of the info that you will find on the mini-site. You will find enough tech sheets, user manuals, and downloads to choke a donkey, and more than you could ever ask for to learn about the kite. Hope you like the site and look for the kite soon in shops near you.

Go to www.naishkites.com and you will be linked directly to the Boxer site.

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Jul 18, 06 8:28 am     Reply with quote

I'll be interested to hear how the first Waroo knock off preforms....

Better yet, Bam Bam, when are you gooing to have a demo 9? We can do a little that back to back comparison/testing...

jp

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostTue Jul 18, 06 8:43 am     Reply with quote

Here comes the Meow Mix... Hopefully other models will also start trickling in soon.

Waroo knock off??? Hmmm, did not realize that Best invented the "BOW" kite. Guess I thought it was some dude in France... But then I guess that NONE of the kite designers out there are smart enough to be having thoughts of their own... Come on John "Lemme Check out that Outline/Rocker" Penxa. You should be the first to know that progress climbs on the back of past innovations.

Anyway, I plan to be up at JI next weekend and am begging the higher powers at Northsports to git me dirty hands on one to hand out rides at JI...

Pray for the goods at JI next weekend, Jon

Last edited by bambam on Tue Jul 18, 06 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Jul 18, 06 9:09 am     Reply with quote

bambam wrote:

Waroo knock off??? Hmmm, did not realize that Best invented the "BOW" kite. Guess I thought it was some dude in France... But then I guess that NONE of the kite designers out there are smart enough to be having thoughts of their own... Come on John "Lemme Check out that Outline/Rocker" Penxa. You should be the first to know that progress climbs on the back of past innovations.

Anyway, I plan to be up at JI next weekend and am begging the higher powers at Northsports to git me dirty hands on one to hand out "C***K RIDES" at JI...

Pray for the goods at JI next weekend, Jon

1) Take a look at the Boxer SLE kite, it doesn't appear to be a bow, the trailing edge doesn’t appear to be Hollow. Is it?!?

2) There are many SLE's, Hybrid, SLE-Bow's out in 2006. While Best may have not come up with original design and copied it (think Shockwave, CrossBow Turbo Diesel), the Roo’s design and it's production has made it widely regarded as the best kite of the year.

>> You should be the first to know that progress climbs on the back of past innovations

Perhaps... with my own efforts, there were many more SWAGs than R&D (Ripoff & Duplicate) Wink

Fuck duded, When pepi & I started building board, production boards were so bad (1999-2003) that it was hard to put on a blind fold and NOT produce a better mouse trap

Get you arse up here!

Jetty has been epic!!! nothing but steady 12m!!!

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostTue Jul 18, 06 9:35 am     Reply with quote

Hey John,

All good here... Yeah you definitely worked hard with your boards and created some cool stuff, which is still flying around the NW.

Just watch the wording as my panties got a bit bunched when you called my boys nothing more than copy cats... Bows, SLE's, Hybrids... Guess my terminology is not quite up to snuff, but the "kite traps" are definitely evolving and nothing but goodness and pure riding satisfaction will be coming down the line for us string danglers.

Flame "off", Jon

NaishUSA

Since 07 Jul 2005
53 Posts
HR OR

PostTue Jul 18, 06 10:37 am     Reply with quote

J.P. wrote:
I'll be interested to hear how the first Waroo knock off preforms....

Better yet, Bam Bam, when are you gooing to have a demo 9? We can do a little that back to back comparison/testing...

jp

Hmmm....trying hard to figure out how to respond to your troll JP… While I’m glad that you are stoked with your current brand affiliation, the kiteboarding industry is pretty small~ you might want to think before tossing cow pies (or swallowing Gumball hook line and sinker). One of the great things about NW kite is that it hasn’t (yet) stooped to the kiteforum free for all, but good job at taking us one step closer Laughing

There is no doubt that the Waroo was a home run for best; the combination of price and performance resonated with a segment of the kiteboarding population that is quite large (the size definitely underestimated on many accounts) and neglected up until this point. This in addition to a fundamental shift with consumers (consumers driving the manufacturers rather than manufacturers driving the consumers buying habits) has enabled best to take a bite out of the kiteboarding market~ which is great for them because if they would have had another Hellfish episode I would imagine it would have been lights out.

Now back to the topic at hand, the Boxer SLE has benefited from experience gained from the Shockwave (and early bridled inflatables designed as school kites) as well as from the original line of Boxer kites. For sure, one thing it has in common with the Waroo is that it is priced extremely aggressively as price is a great consideration in the current market. What makes it stand out are unique features that, while Im sure will be found throughout the spectrum of kites coming in the next six months or so, are tailored to provide the end consumer with a ride variety of tuning options so that they can customize the kite's handling to their particular preference. Want a kite that has very little bar pressure and light turning? You can tune the Boxer SLE to do this. Want a kite that has a HUGE windrange and turns on a dime? No prob, run the kite in 2:1 and tune the bar pressure and turning speed to your preference. Want to switch back and forth based on the conditions? Changing the kite’s feel takes about 60 seconds on the beach and you are rolling.

In addition to providing tuning options for the rider’s preference the Boxer SLEs come with the quality of build and materials that is the Naish standard. Outside of distribution models material costs are fixed; there is a direct relationship with the price of the product and the quality of the materials. Naish will never be the brand with the cheapest kite on the market~ Robby feels strongly that no matter who a kite/board/sail is targeted to the materials will be the highest quality available. The Boxer SLE (and the rest of the Naish Kite line up) is built with the highest quality materials we can get our hands on and will continue to be even if our market becomes niche high end riders. For folks that are shopping for a new SLE/Bow/Hybrid kite Id highly recommend checking out the Boxer- we’ll have demos out in the area throughout the next month (although we have a very limited supply of demo kites) and the kites should be in the shops by the second week in August. The performance is killer and the quality of the product is second to none. For those looking for a traditional inflatable kite, hang on for a little while longer Wink

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostTue Jul 18, 06 11:08 am     Reply with quote

Thanks Matt Wink

FYI, looks like I will have a nine meter 07 Boxer in tow next weekend at Jetty Island. Please feel free to pass the word and come on out and play with all the cool features that Matt has described, as well check out the usual high standard of construction that Robby demands...

Pray for the Steady Jetty to kick it in gear.

Kite on, Jon

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Jul 18, 06 11:31 am     Reply with quote

Quote:

Hmmm....trying hard to figure out how to respond to your troll JP… While I’m glad that you are stoked with your current brand affiliation,

I have no ‘affiliations’ and am a retail rider that votes with his wallet.

Quote:

the kiteboarding industry is pretty small~ you might want to think before tossing cow pies (or swallowing Gumball hook line and sinker).

WTF?!?

Did everyone catch that veiled threat?!?!?!?!

Matt, you guys kicked Ian off you team for getting lippy on a forum.. ((dumb move. He’s a young & he was baited)) yet I get veiled threats….

By a rep!!!

Nice! I see you guys have multiple standards! How nice it is…

Does Robby approve of veiled threats? I’ll get back to you when I find out.

Quote:

One of the great things about NW kite is that it hasn’t (yet) stooped to the kiteforum free for all, but good job at taking us one step closer Laughing

It no surprise that over the top PC-ness that’s a product of the pacific NW is emulated on NW kite. Like all things someday this aliment will pass too.

Quote:

cow pie in your eyes?!?

Ah… the establishment still thinks it’s the establishment and the continues to beat down on the competition b/c there product line can not. Thumb's Up

Quote:

which is great for them because if they would have had another Hellfish episode I would imagine it would have been lights out.

Got to stoop to the Hell Fish? Come on Matt, that ancient history now, doesn’t your companies product speak loud enough so you done’t have to stoop?????????????????

Hmmmm….
Quote:

Speaking of lights out

You speak of lights out yet I have to imagine that you guys would be out of business at the end of this year if you didn’t have a fire-sale at the beginning of the season…

Lights out… this is some funny shizzzzz

The pot calling the kettle black!!!

Quote:

The Boxer SLE (and the rest of the Naish Kite line up) is built with the highest quality materials we can get our hands on and will continue to be even if our market becomes niche high end riders.

An interesting business gamble …

Focus on a nich…. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I sincerely wish you and the Naish team the best of wishes…

JP

tonski

Since 11 Jun 2005
332 Posts
NW Portland
Obsessed

PostTue Jul 18, 06 11:37 am     Reply with quote

JP, why so much negativity? Can't we just all point out the positives, be courteous, and not play word games? Be happy! Very Happy

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostTue Jul 18, 06 11:59 am     Reply with quote

Jp, Man the sun is out the wind is blowing. You need more time on the water to chill. It's all good.
Mark

www.naishkites.com

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Jul 18, 06 12:00 pm     Reply with quote

Chill JP! Follow up with NaishUSA over here if you want:

http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2329900

Cool

Thanks for the scoop Matt and Bammer!

NaishUSA

Since 07 Jul 2005
53 Posts
HR OR

PostTue Jul 18, 06 12:12 pm     Reply with quote

Wow Penxa....guess I hit a nerve, sorry- didnt mean to get you all riled up.

Dont worry: No threats veiled or otherwise, no double standards , history is history no stooping just stating fact, the product line is just fine, and there is no establishment (or conspiracy).

Excellent use of the quote function though!

I have two points of contention for ya:

First, of all Ian is a great kid and dragging him into your tirade is neither appropriate nor beneficial to your argument. I would expect some respect for him from you.

Second, PC or not, the environment on NW kite is great for fostering a sense of community (it is a kite community after all) and for sharing fun and useful info. I for one hope to see it stay that way (and imagine most other members do too).

Go kiting Thumb's Up

So it sounds like Jon will be at Jetty this weekend with toys to try and I would imagine Jeff and the rest of the U-Surf crew will be out there as well with the pontoon boat and more demos. Hopefully jetty kicks in while we suffer in the heat down in the hood...

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostTue Jul 18, 06 12:18 pm     Reply with quote

Phillip,

Couple more scoops of the Meow Mix in the near future... Personally I think my favorite flavor will come in the form of the 07 Torch... Wonder Bows and C's unite in form of.... A HYBRID!!!

John,

Dude, lighten up my friend. I read nothing veiled in Matt's post, and he is only stating the facts with Best's past kite history. Yeah, Best did hit a super home run, and good for them as it is only serving to move kite developement forward... But, they did pretty much blow a toe off with the whole Nemi mess.

In the end it is just kiteboarding, and the wind is blowing at Stevensburg... Gotta go give the boss a good excuse to git outta here now!

Jon

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Jul 18, 06 12:44 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:

wow Penxa....guess I hit a nerve, sorry- didnt mean to get you all riled up.
Dont worry: No threats veiled or otherwise,

Your opinion is meaning less on the issue.
Reading from the great book of all that is PC… It’s in the eyes of the reader who the message was intended for. Telling me what you meant after the fact is pointless, and I do believe that role has already been spoken for on this forum.

Reading the "industry is very small" from someone inside the industry is very much a veiled threat in my eyes...

Nice back stroke…

Quote:

no double standards

First, of all Ian is a great kid and dragging him into your tirade is neither appropriate nor beneficial to your argument. I would expect some respect for him from you.

First of all Showing respect to Ian is exactly what I’m doing.

You kick him off the “team” and then duplicate his behaviors on the same forum...
If you expect your riders to be 'Holy then thou’ then you need to be as well. Wink

Ian, I know you haven’t ask but let me give you good advice to live by...

NEVER LOOK BACK!

Quote:

the product line is just fine, and there is no establishment (or conspiracy).

1) What’s with the fire sale???
2) There very much is an establishment and you know it.
It's comprised of all the distributors and retailers, the same guys left out of BEST business model and the very same people that have been struggling to compete with thier old business model.

No establishment... Come on now Matt, you work for the establishment

Quote:

Second, PC or not, the environment on NW kite is great for fostering a sense of community (it is a kite community after all) and for sharing fun and useful info. I for one hope to see it stay that way (and imagine most other members do too).

I don’t disagree, it’s just I like to examine the coin, both sides of the coin, instead of being told to ignore the other side… it's negative… there’s nothing on it…

I suppose some people don't know where to look for opportunities... they tend to not hang out on the positive side of the coin Wink

~ciao

JP

PS. My sol 133 is by far the best production board I’ve rode in the 7 short years of this sport… which is why I bought one.

Last edited by J.P. on Wed Jul 19, 06 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Jul 18, 06 12:53 pm     Reply with quote

Simma down na!

NaishUSA

Since 07 Jul 2005
53 Posts
HR OR

PostTue Jul 18, 06 12:56 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:

HA!!!

Shocked

Quote:
PS. My sol 133 is by far the best production board I’ve rode in the 7 short years of this sport… which is why I bought one.

Thumb's Up

18-27 at the Sand Bar, who's going?

tstansbury

Since 06 Jun 2006
649 Posts
Rowena and P.C
Addicted

PostTue Jul 18, 06 1:04 pm     Reply with quote

Is there a sandbar today I was thinking mosier or secrets.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: