Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Whats the dealio with Hood River??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
jbruxer

Since 24 Jul 2005
398 Posts
Beaverton, OR
Obsessed

PostFri Jul 14, 06 2:34 pm    Whats the dealio with Hood River?? Reply with quote

So....is there some sand yet Question Have the winds been ridable Question

For all you local pro's, dont be missleading! I wont send an entire army over to poach your fav spot!.......just me Wink

TWIN-FIN

Since 24 May 2006
805 Posts
Portland, OR
Hot Monkey

PostFri Jul 14, 06 2:55 pm     Reply with quote

Hey Yo jbruxer,

Dude you are totally out of touch!

FYI......July is the windiest month of the year.

Sand bar....What sand bar are your refering to?

Ya know that sandbar thing is way over rated. There are more placed to ride beside the "Sandbar" that does not exist....at least right now it doesn't.

Oh ya....this advice does not come from a local Hood River Pro, it comes from a PDX newby.

jbruxer

Since 24 Jul 2005
398 Posts
Beaverton, OR
Obsessed

PostFri Jul 14, 06 3:13 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for the info! As a newby, were else do you ride thats not too far away....and thats not to sketchy for beginners?

EdG

Since 19 Dec 2005
424 Posts
Just a Kook that's
Obsessed

PostFri Jul 14, 06 5:07 pm     Reply with quote

I have only been to the sand bar wice and never really liked it. Others I have talked to avoid it also. Look into Lyle, Sauvies, Jones as those should be good for starting out. While I have not been to Lyle, I hear the is at least some sand.

I will be looking to head to the coast for a down winder when I return from NY in 10 days.

Any other spots people?

ED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: