Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Boardshorts over The Wetsuit: WTF?
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
gabe

Since 16 May 2005
475 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Jul 14, 06 10:07 am     Reply with quote

ah ha, so that's what you mean by "good style." ass covered = gay. ass exposed to the world, suggestive of undressing = cool, non-gay.

my understanding of the whole low pants thing is that it came out of convicts who weren't allowed belts in prison. so, why people like to emulate a bunch of degenerates is beyond me. and, having once observed a horrific prison rape trial, i would say there are some gay associations there as well.

anyways, no matter, just a silly diversion. i dont think these issues will come up at the coast.

Inept_Fun wrote:
Pkh is pretty close on the steeze factor thing. Definately gotta have some good saggage with the board shorts, I tie mine onto a pair of shorts under my board shorts to get a good amount of sag. So everyone now you know! You can stop asking me how my shorts stay on, im aware of the lowness of them!

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jul 14, 06 10:15 am     Reply with quote

The main reason for my sag is that im too skinny, so if i bought shorts that fit me they wouldnt be long enough. The length of my shorts is right, but the waist is just huge.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jul 14, 06 10:16 am     Reply with quote

Oh yeah and you gotta be GANGSTA

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Jul 14, 06 10:19 am     Reply with quote

Inept_Fun wrote:
The main reason for my sag is that im too skinny, so if i bought shorts that fit me they wouldnt be long enough. The length of my shorts is right, but the waist is just huge.

The belt method seems to be working for the skinny kids.

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostFri Jul 14, 06 10:19 am     Reply with quote

I have holes in my wetsuit, I wear board shorts to cover them.

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jul 14, 06 10:22 am     Reply with quote

yeah but pkh board shorts dont have a spot for a belt.

jdk

Since 21 Dec 2005
333 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Jul 14, 06 10:29 am     Reply with quote

i mentioned my divided soul, so here's what i'll do. gangsta days i go with the baggy shorts, punk rock days i go with the Flea-style tighty whities! hopefully they are clean!

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostFri Jul 14, 06 11:07 am     Reply with quote

Get some long ass walking shorts like Alvaro, or find some boardshort with a 23/24" outseem (like Vari)! I gotta have them long too (don't like saggin' them so much), but they MUST be lower than my knees!

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jul 14, 06 11:10 am     Reply with quote

yeah definately gotta have them past the knees. At least past the knees!

Nate

Since 19 Jun 2006
10 Posts
Seattle

PostFri Jul 14, 06 12:56 pm     Reply with quote

Donny Baker = Troll

keep it gangsta y'all keep it gangsta

KITEADDICT

Since 13 Apr 2006
117 Posts
PDX west side
Stoked

PostFri Jul 14, 06 4:06 pm     Reply with quote

If you want to look different, like a guy in leotards then don't wear the board shorts.

Donny Baker

Since 13 Jul 2006
80 Posts

PostFri Jul 14, 06 7:21 pm     Reply with quote

Forrests got a good reason. The guy who's scard of sharks has an OK reason but you got to wear a construction worker vest or somthin' instead. It seems to me like it's more of a package wrapper disguised as surf fasion or somethin'. Hell, I remember back in 8th grade P.E., Stevey Winkler kept popin' boners in the locker room so Mr. Geeble made him wear board shorts for the whole semester. It was crazy cause every time we hit the shower, it looked like he was smuggling a pen light or something. Swear to god. Anyway, I'll be at he spit with my wetsuit on and my pork sword sheathed in an old glory speedo. talk to you later, I got to go

Mocean

Since 21 Sep 2005
343 Posts
Newport
Obsessed

PostFri Jul 14, 06 8:07 pm     Reply with quote

If you want to look different when you come to the coast (i.e: like a kook) wear your boardies - surfers have been wearing wetsuits forever without shorts, that's my heritage and damned if I'm going to follow the inland wakeboarding fashion trend.

jiberski

Since 08 Jun 2006
6 Posts

Kook

PostFri Jul 14, 06 8:57 pm     Reply with quote

look different? most of the riders on every coast around the world wear boardies. We aren't surfers dude, we're kiters. I wear boardies because it saves my wetsuit from wear and tear. Guys that I ride with go through wetsuits twice as fast that don't wear them. That, and I don't want to look like a kook standing around in my fruit suit. Mocean, Chill little buddy, you might not think you look like a kook until a young rider tears your ass off down the line wearing his board shorts.

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostSat Jul 15, 06 6:28 am    jibby ,,tears your ass off ??? Reply with quote

can't stop thinking of his ass?
young guys are so worried about thier sexual identity
We are kiters and we kite-surf
not dingle dangle from stings while we wiggle a (surf) board on our feet
Come to Florence and we will see whos rippin

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostSat Jul 15, 06 8:18 am     Reply with quote

You guys are funny argueing about board shorts.

End of story, wear board shorts over your wetsuit, unless you are a windsurfer and dont care about style! Razz Razz

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostSat Jul 15, 06 11:25 am    you said it Reply with quote

STYLE,,,,/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: