Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Turbo Diesel 12m Works for me!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
bulae99

Since 12 Jul 2006
1691 Posts

I give out bad advice.

PostWed Jul 12, 06 8:37 am    Turbo Diesel 12m Works for me!! Reply with quote

I've just made the switch from c kites to SLE Turbo Diesel 2006 and I'm in love.
I don't pretend to be an expert,but this kite is allowing me to go up wind, jump, and do my first tricks.
I've been looking for evaluations of this kite by folks on the net and have found nothing but comparisons and articles geared at folks who are advanced. I'm a true beg. to interm. level kiter. I still lose track of my kite on jumps and am sketchy on launch and landing the kite, but once I'm up and running I love this kite.
The Turbo Diesel 12 allows me to do depower on demand! It's like sheeting out on a windsurfer. I just push out and the kite depowers.
I haven't flown any other flat kites, but as a 215lbs. 6-2 rider with a background in windsurfing I must say that Slingshot has indeed made a great kite for allowing me to be successful and comfortable jumping, and relaunching.
The relaunching of this kite is really easy. I sail mostly at Rufus with friends. The confidence that I have in relaunching this kite in high wind 20 plus knots and low wind 11 to 18 knots is total. It's a no brainer to relaunch and this makes it more fun to sail and attempt tricks.

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostWed Jul 12, 06 8:49 am     Reply with quote

Glad to hear you like it! How do you manage the upper end at Rufus though? I mean, like when it's nukin' (35+ knots).

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostWed Jul 12, 06 8:50 am     Reply with quote

Glad to hear you like it! How do you manage the upper end at Rufus though? I mean, like when it's completely nukin' (35+ knots).

kiteboard117

Since 02 Mar 2005
450 Posts
PDX
McLovin

PostWed Jul 12, 06 9:09 am     Reply with quote

i hear you! i love my turbo deisels. works great for everything including handlepasses, kiteloops, wakestyle, and boosting. glad to hear your stoked too.

Kodiak

Since 01 Aug 2005
1114 Posts

Slidey

PostWed Jul 12, 06 9:24 am     Reply with quote

I had a 12m TD and for the things you are talking about it was great. Easiest kite to relaunch I have flown, and big lofty jumps. I consider myself an intermediate kiter, and I was having issues when I tried to do things like backrolls. The kite is super fast, and with the pulley bar, I would find that I always over turned the kite on my rolls and ended up looping it. I think it is a great kite for beginners learning to do basic jumps, and advanced kiters who have awesome kite control when spinning, or doing tricks.

bulae99

Since 12 Jul 2006
1691 Posts

I give out bad advice.

PostWed Jul 12, 06 9:27 am    Upper end is good Reply with quote

I was at three mile last week when is was blowing 30 at Arlington. So that put the gusts around 30 at 3mile. I launched and then headed out in some really strong wind. The kite was maxed in the gusts, but I kept the kite at the edge of the window and trimmed my cleat about an inch. I was cautious but felt in control. The jumps were major boosters and felt a bit like an elevator du jour.
I was on a 138 board and had a blast. I practice surfing turns on the face of some 3 to 5 foot waves.
The kite handle great in strong wind. It was strong and consistent wind. I noticed windsurfers my same size, 200lbs. and 6-2 on 5.o's and they were powered up. When I landed I asked them about the conditions and they said that they were tired as it was gusty. I was good!
Great Kite!!

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostWed Jul 12, 06 9:51 am     Reply with quote

Three Mile??? Hush my man, hush!!! This place DOES NOT EXIST, and is only a figment of imagination in our dusty old school windsurfing memories...

Launch is sketch, rocks are big, and the rattlesnakes vicious. Smile

We hit it on Thursday when Arlington was kicking into the mid forties...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: