Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Slingshot 2007
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Jul 12, 06 3:43 pm     Reply with quote

pkh wrote:
But who knows, maybe Logoz is just having a laugh at us clamer for something that may never be. Reminds me of those pics of a crazy looking board John Doyle was on a couple years ago that never went production.

So I've heard some whispers that maybe this is all a hoax, what do you guys think?

boardrider

Since 05 Apr 2006
1034 Posts
Ventura, CA
XTreme Poster

PostWed Jul 12, 06 4:19 pm     Reply with quote

'Concept' kite ? - The black and red make it even more intimidating- Pink and green colors would make it better Wink .

KiteKarl

Since 02 Mar 2005
213 Posts
Stockton, California
Stoked

PostThu Jul 13, 06 7:01 am     Reply with quote

Looks like a Victorias Secret bra, XXX large.

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostThu Jul 13, 06 7:15 am    TOWELY is alive and in the HOOD Reply with quote

to remember the spoon windsurf board that came out of the hood (P.O.S.)
I'm pretty sure that convoluted leading edges of wings are not going to happen ,It's been tried on gliders(sailplanes).
But it's great that somebody is smokin some good shit (and then acting on it )
YAY TOWELY ,,,SMOKIN WEED AND MAKIN BAD DECISIONS

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostThu Jul 13, 06 9:16 pm     Reply with quote

blowhard i think you are wrong about that, wait until you see this that thing fly... and relaunch! Twisted Evil

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jimmyc

Since 04 Aug 2005
74 Posts
Cape Cod, MA

PostFri Jul 14, 06 6:33 am     Reply with quote

Any more pictures of new gear? Thanks.

Btw, the Gorge looks amazing. I haven't been out your way since 2001, but man I love that place. You all are very lucky to live in such a great area! Thanks again for the great pictures!
Very Happy Very Happy

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostFri Jul 14, 06 8:03 am    i hope so Reply with quote

anything crazy i'm all about it ,for sure you don't see any wings doin that (CROOKED)
SLINGY keepin after it ,
I'll bet it's not an A.P. design

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jul 14, 06 9:03 am     Reply with quote

More info on the new SS kite from kiteforum >> http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2329773

GraemeF wrote:
Link to UK

There's so much flack on this site, its kind of difficult to know which thread to post on, so the above link, which I'll post some pics on just as soon as I find my USB lead and hitch my camera up.

If any of y'all from here are in the Gorge, I'd love to hook up, put a face to a name, its often a good way to realise that internet persona's do not always bely the reality.

Any how I finally got a ride on a Link today, and it really is a nice kite, first of the true hybrids.

We rode it bridled and fifth lined which is one of its features, so its kind of two kites in one. Designed for afficiandos of both methods, and it delivers totally different feel depending which you use.

The pics leaked are of a Fuel proto, this is being developed to give the high end guys something different to hang their hat on, it has some logic to it, as will become apparent when its use and target audience is defined, fully briefed and unleashed upon an unsuspecting world. Its not as stupid as it might appear, think stealth and swept wing fighter aircraft and pulling large G forces in high speed turns.

Anyhow, I'll try and keep an eye on both threads, but there really is such a silly element here that spoils the simple truth of what's going on in the real world. Its a torrent of disinformation from one wannabe company and there are times when it does make you wince that so many folk get taken in by it.

Whatever, its just a shame there's no extradition treaty between the states and Brazil
Laughing Laughing Laughing

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Jul 14, 06 9:30 am     Reply with quote

I think I figured it out... the pointy kite design is not a hoax, but I don't think its supposed to be flown that flat. I think its a C kite that they had cranked way in to fly like a flat kite.

At least that would fit with the idea that its a Fuel.

But who knows, at least its fun to guess.

BigR

Since 05 Jul 2005
372 Posts
White Salmon
Obsessed

PostFri Jul 14, 06 10:41 am     Reply with quote

It gives it more area in the flat section of the kite effectively making it a kite with more projected area than a normal c kite

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jul 14, 06 10:44 am     Reply with quote

That proto ended up being TO flat, its not going to be a flat kite, its going to be a full C. I gues we just have to wait for the finished project, which is this close | | to being complete.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jdk

Since 21 Dec 2005
333 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Jul 14, 06 11:28 am     Reply with quote

are these SS products? Very Happy

Quote:
Well that's it for a bit, I've got foils to report on and wake boards to try out yet and I'm off now to try either a felony or misdemeanour not sure which

kiteboard117

Since 02 Mar 2005
450 Posts
PDX
McLovin

PostFri Jul 14, 06 12:22 pm     Reply with quote

wha? who are you quoting jkjolsing?

ruben is the only guy to talk to about the 07 fuel it will be designed entirly around him.

jdk

Since 21 Dec 2005
333 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Jul 14, 06 12:32 pm     Reply with quote

i think i better stay outta this one, its all linked above Smile

kiteboard117

Since 02 Mar 2005
450 Posts
PDX
McLovin

PostFri Jul 14, 06 12:33 pm     Reply with quote

ohhh ok didnt see that

jdk

Since 21 Dec 2005
333 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Jul 14, 06 12:34 pm     Reply with quote

it does say 'foil' not 'fuel'...

jdk

Since 21 Dec 2005
333 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Jul 14, 06 12:39 pm     Reply with quote

no trying to get anyone into trouble here, i'm sure it was a joke, that's how i took it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: